Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Confusion about “remastered” holds
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Blooloo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
IP: Logged
icon Confusion about “remastered” holds (0)  
When grabbing JtRH as a CaravelNet hold in TSS, it originally installed as a version featuring obstacles in the walls of the L1 entrance, fancy lighting, challenge scrolls, and so on.

However, at some point, it appears to have turned into the “remastered for 3.0” edition, featuring lamps here and there plus some TCB styles, and that's about it. I first noticed this when seeing H&S room images featuring lighting I didn't see in my game, and looking back on restore, rooms where I distinctly recall completing challenges were now lacking them.

Now, I deleted JtRH from my (cloud-synced) TSS profile and grabbed it again, then restarted my game to trigger a cloud sync to retrieve my progress, and we appear to be back in business. However, I'm at a loss as to what could have possibly caused this “edition regression” in the first place. Any ideas?

EDIT: As an addendum, I should note that when I selected JtRH for redownload, its engine version showed up as 3.2, despite the fact that once it had been downloaded it was clearly a hold from a higher version, given the styles in the levels visible from the restore screen and the fact that challenges had returned.

[Last edited by Blooloo at 08-17-2020 12:46 AM]
08-17-2020 at 12:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Confusion about “remastered” holds
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes