Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Creaks (Amanita Designs) (Medium to easy platform puzzler)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
karlpopper
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 263
IP: Logged
icon Creaks (Amanita Designs) (+2)  
Creaks (by Amanita Design of Machinarium fame) may interest Drod folk who need a brain rest.

It's a beautifully rendered side-scrolling puzzle platformer, with only the lightest touch of timing. Almost all the puzzles are essentially turn-based, and all are scrupulously fair.

The puzzle elements remind me of some DROD monsters - especially clones, and anti-clones who move in the opposite way from you.

In DROD terms I'd says it can't be more than four brains: it's rewarding to play cooperatively with the kids.

There are some really long story cut scenes, and Amanita manage to weave some kind of story without words.

A light diversion.

Steam Link

[Last edited by karlpopper at 08-03-2020 09:10 PM]
08-03-2020 at 08:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Re: Creaks (Amanita Designs) (0)  
Added that to my Steam wishlist. I loved Machinarium, and I'm glad to see that studio bringing something new.

Also, I might be a 4-brain kinda guy when it comes to the puzzles. Thanks, Karl.

-Erik

08-27-2020 at 12:19 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Creaks (Amanita Designs) (Medium to easy platform puzzler)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com