Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : NaDRODArchMo 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
IP: Logged
icon NaDRODArchMo 5 (+2)  
I'm feeling like getting back into architecture again, so I'm going to be trying another of these things.

NaDRODArchMo (National DROD Architectue Month) is an event where participating people try to regularly do some kind of architecture. We often say "a room a day for a month" but in practice anything is better than nothing, so just do what you can.

People can post here with updates/holds that they want people to look at if they decide to participate.

As for myself, I've been really into RPG lately, so I'm going to be starting out the month with some RPG work. I've already made a few rooms and hope to update this thread as I get stuff done. I might also work on some other stuff. I'll keep track of my progress for the month in the next post.

07-03-2020 at 05:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: NaDRODArchMo 5 (+1)  
I've started making an RPG hold tentatively titled "Quake and Quail."

Once I have enough that it's playable I might upload it here.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by mauvebutterfly at 07-07-2020 11:24 PM]
07-03-2020 at 05:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434

File: July Jungle.hold (11.1 KB)
Downloaded 46 times.
License: Public Domain
Here's what I have so far. Not really turning out as good as March Madness so far, but who knows how things will look at the end of the month. Maybe I'm subconsciously aiming for bad ideas this time around.

Click here to view the secret text

This was fun to make, but I don't think I'm going to inflict the result on an unsuspecting populace. There are magic move sequences and sloggy rooms everywhere. A couple of them are okay or at least have an idea that might work in a better room, but the vast majority are simply the product of indifference to a good play experience.

I can confidently attest to this because I played through them. Well, I forget if I fully completed the northwest room after thinning the construct horde or just reasoned that it would be small enough to be manageable.

I would not recommend playing this monstrosity unless you want to suffer, possibly while recording your suffering for the amusement of others.

[Last edited by Dragon Fogel at 07-30-2020 07:33 AM]
07-03-2020 at 09:58 PM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
I am done and I have many regrets. See above.
07-30-2020 at 07:36 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : NaDRODArchMo 5
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com