Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Site search function not working?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
lordatog
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 51
IP: Logged
icon Site search function not working? (0)  
The "search" function on the site has suddenly stopped working for me. I'm replaying TSS, and after I finish an area I like to read through the help topics for that area to see if anyone has any interesting insights about the puzzles. The search tab is the only reasonable way to do this, as near as I can tell, and it was working just fine right up until a couple of days ago. Now, searching for anything at all always results in zero hits. I'm not sure if something broke, or if I've hit some search limit and can't use it anymore, or if something else happened. Thanks in advance!
05-26-2020 at 03:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Site search function not working? (0)  
It's working for me. (Did a search for "test" and got normal results.)

Did you try searching for other terms? Maybe there just weren't any results for the specific thing you were searching for.
05-26-2020 at 03:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
lordatog
I've tried searching for a variety of terms, including things I've successfully searched for in the recent past, and have been receiving no hits for anything.

Edit: It seems to be a browser issue? Firefox doesn't work. Chrome does. So, that's good I suppose. But Firefox was working just fine a week ago. *shrug*

[Last edited by lordatog at 05-27-2020 01:19 AM]
05-26-2020 at 03:54 AM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
Works for me on Firefox.
05-27-2020 at 02:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Site search function not working? (+4)  
It works for me too, but I'm searching for whatever random stuff I'm searching for. The more specificity in a bug report, the better. i.e. "I'm searching for [THING] in the Topic field" lets me actually see if something is wrong, and if so, lets me investigate what.

05-27-2020 at 03:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
lordatog
I just now tried searching for "Darts" in the Drod Hints & Solutions board, "Search" in the Site board, and "drod" in all boards, trying both the Topic Name and Message Body fields separately. All six searches returned nothing; it just sent me back to the search page. Every search I've tried (in Firefox) gives exactly the same result. It was working fine until the last week or so, though.
05-27-2020 at 05:51 AM
disoriented
Rank Points: 2384
Try resetting Firefox (clearing cache, etc). I was able to get that browser to search successfully.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
05-27-2020 at 07:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Site search function not working? (+1)  
I'm having trouble replicating any error. The searches you mentioned work fine for me.

Do you see any results if you click this link? https://forum.caravelgames.com/search.php?action=Search&TopicName=Search&BoardID=8

05-27-2020 at 09:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
lordatog
So, this is interesting. I lack the computer savvy to know what's actually going on here, but - when I navigate to the forums from the main Caravel site, the url is "forum.caravelgames.com". If I go to the Search tab, the url is "forum.caravelgames.com/search.php", and it doesn't function. If I click your link, the url is "https://forum.caravelgames.com/search.php" and it does function. If I manually add in the "https://", then it persists between different links within the forum, and the search function works.
05-28-2020 at 04:34 AM
disoriented
Rank Points: 2384
Your browser is probably blocking you from sending data over an insecure connection.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
05-28-2020 at 04:47 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Site search function not working?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com