Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Breaking into the shop (for Englos Defense)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 488
IP: Logged
icon Breaking into the shop (+1)  
The DAA Outpost where you buy things to help with your defense is only supposed to be open between waves. But I found that if one were to tell their builders to put a broken wall on the yellow door that toggles to prevent it's usage, and then blow it up with a powder keg, it becomes open permanently.

So, should we add something to prevent a build marker from being placed on that door?

03-28-2020 at 05:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2386
icon Re: Breaking into the shop (+1)  
My guess is this probably won't be fixed. Any change has the potential to break demos, and this bug doesn't impact the gameplay too much.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 03-28-2020 09:10 PM]
03-28-2020 at 09:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Breaking into the shop (+1)  
I agrer with disoriented's assessment, though @mrimer you may want to have the final word here

10-04-2020 at 06:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Breaking into the shop (0)  
I've found that averagemoe has a knack for finding clever approaches to work around the system. A sign of a good tester!

Thoughts that run through my mind here:

1. Though there isn't anything that teaches players how to perform said behavior anywhere else in the hold, it's not required to complete the room.

2. Generally, DROD rewards players who come up with creative solutions.

3. I'm unclear how much advantage this trick actually gives you to complete the room better/faster/easier than without it.

4. This doesn't really break the room or ruin the puzzle (please correct me if I'm wrong). I fully admit this room is unusual, and who knows what the intended approach is to solve it anyway.

These thoughts form a complex mobile in my mind that tilts toward leaving the room as-is.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-06-2020 at 05:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Breaking into the shop (for Englos Defense)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com