Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Holy mother of god, this forum is still active
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged
icon Holy mother of god, this forum is still active (+6)  
I can't believe it. This place meant so much to me back in the day. I honestly can't believe the degree to which you guys put up with me. I know I contributed, but still. All the flame wars, my poor spelling and my bumbling around. Oh man. Today I replayed DROD: JrTH for 5 minutes before I burst into tears.

... just... I dunno, bless you all.
03-19-2020 at 03:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2384
icon Re: Holy mother of god, this forum is still active (+1)  
Oh yeah, we're here. WE ARE MOST CERTAINLY HERE, and now YOU must stay for some tea.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
03-19-2020 at 03:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Thank you for the tea, I shall stick around. The only reason I left was because this place wasn't enough for me anymore. Things weren't going well for me. But things are coming back together.
03-19-2020 at 04:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
icon Re: Holy mother of god, this forum is still active (0)  
Glad to hear that things are better. There's a lot of new holds to try out.

03-19-2020 at 04:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chopkinsca
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
disoriented wrote:
Oh yeah, we're here. WE ARE MOST CERTAINLY HERE, and now YOU must stay for some tea.

There is tea? Why wasn't I informed that there was tea?!
03-19-2020 at 08:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
disoriented
In the era of social distancing, it’s BYO beverage.

03-19-2020 at 09:15 PM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
icon Re: Holy mother of god, this forum is still active (+2)  
TSS alone has close to 900 rooms.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

03-20-2020 at 12:40 AM
NiroZ
NoahT wrote:
TSS alone has close to 900 rooms.
Yeah, I should check it out. I intend to replay JrTH first though. It's the one I got hooked on.

Is Jeff Ray still around? Banjooie?
03-20-2020 at 01:41 AM
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
Both of them are still active, although Banjooie doesn't post as frequently as he/she used to (mostly once every half year now, and sometimes not even that).

[Last edited by azb at 03-20-2020 02:55 PM]
03-20-2020 at 02:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211
icon Re: Holy mother of god, this forum is still active (+3)  
Yeah, Crazy!

Drod, and this forum meant so much to me growing up.

Big hugs to all of you :group

03-31-2020 at 04:41 PM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Holy mother of god, this forum is still active (+3)  
This forum is unkillable. And the people all act about the same as they did decades ago. The energy level waxes and wanes, but it's the same place.

Amazing!

-Erik

04-10-2020 at 12:23 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Odyssey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 124
icon Re: Holy mother of god, this forum is still active (+2)  
NiroZ wrote:
I can't believe it. This place meant so much to me back in the day. I honestly can't believe the degree to which you guys put up with me. I know I contributed, but still. All the flame wars, my poor spelling and my bumbling around. Oh man. Today I replayed DROD: JrTH for 5 minutes before I burst into tears.

Same here. Years ago I downloaded copies of all of the soundtracks in DROD levels which I play in my headphones at work depending on the situation. Just finished off a client project and got great feedback? Play the level finish theme from KDD ('The Bride'). Haven't got much to do at work? Play the soundtrack from 'Caught in an Eddy'. Tough problem to solve? Play 'Sebastian By Day'.

In this way, you can approximate almost any real-world problem to a DROD room with an appropriate theme. I just wish life had an unlimited undo feature.

[Last edited by Odyssey at 05-02-2020 02:44 PM]
05-02-2020 at 02:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Illusionist
Rank Points: 165
NiroZ wrote:

And we're growing in numbers :smart:
09-04-2020 at 10:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Holy mother of god, this forum is still active (+6)  
This place means a lot to me too, and I love everyone here.

Though life moves inexorably on, I'm so glad I can continue to afford paying for a dedicated server for the site and forum to run on. A big "thank you" to everyone who continues to support the community through a CaravelNet subscription. My cut of that all goes toward keeping the lights on here, and I consider it a worthy cause.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 09-07-2020 07:04 AM]
09-07-2020 at 07:04 AM
NiroZ
icon Re: Holy mother of god, this forum is still active (+4)  
Thank you for all the positivity guys. My computer is in the process of being rebuilt ATM and once that is done I look forward to getting back to drodding:cool
09-10-2020 at 07:41 AM
Illusionist
Rank Points: 165
NiroZ wrote:
Thank you for all the positivity guys. My computer is in the process of being rebuilt ATM and once that is done I look forward to getting back to drodding:cool

You might want to check the upcoming Entry Point hold hosted by Nuntar with the Caravel Forum Greatest Architects contributions - it's almost an official hold, and new Smitemaster Selection about Gel. I myself am doing some nostalgia returns to old stuff I've used to be into, and kinda left because lack of money. It's annoying how much more stuff I love I could support now, than back then, but it's too late now, as the ship has sailed. Don't let it happen to DROD, though. Too many things has faded away into obscurity....

And on that doom-y note I am ending thia post:-O

[Last edited by Illusionist at 09-21-2020 12:48 PM]
09-19-2020 at 05:41 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Holy mother of god, this forum is still active
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com