Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : KDD version upgrade
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
frankrm78
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 26
IP: Logged
icon KDD version upgrade (+3)  
Hello everybody, I just bought and installed KDD, but in some YouTube videos I noticed there’s a version 5. I just don’t know how to upgrade it, and so when I play there are many challenges missing. How can I solve this?
02-21-2020 at 06:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
icon Re: KDD version upgrade (+1)  
Version 5 only runs in the engine for TSS. You'll have to buy that game for it.

02-21-2020 at 07:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dying Flutchman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
There's a series of games, starting with KDD. Then The City Beneath and other ones and the latest is The Second Sky, which more or less completes the official story line.

TSS has the latest game engine and can run all user-made holds. KDD will not be able to play all user holds, but you need to buy it if you want to play the original KDD, I think.

02-21-2020 at 07:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
Or, if money is tight, you can download the free demo version of TSS. You won't be able to play all of TSS and I believe you don't get access to some room styles, but otherwise all the features are there.
02-21-2020 at 07:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2384
icon Re: KDD version upgrade (+2)  
Caravel should update the binaries for the downloadable KDD, JtRH, TCB, and GatEB products so they all use the latest 5.x engine.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
02-21-2020 at 07:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
frankrm78
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 26
icon Re: KDD version upgrade (+2)  
Okay, I downloaded TSS demo and downloaded KDD in the game. It worked! Thank you :)
02-22-2020 at 12:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 115
disoriented wrote:
Caravel should update the binaries for the downloadable KDD, JtRH, TCB, and GatEB products so they all use the latest 5.x engine.

What's weird is that they HAVE done this for GatEB... on Steam. Even defaults to the GatEB title screen if you use a TSS hold!

Speaking of, I really wish as a purely aesthetic option, we could choose what title screen we wanted by default, as well as having the option to have it change depending on when the hold being played was made. But that's a tangent for another day.

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
03-20-2020 at 11:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
The title screen does change to match the version of DROD the hold you are playing was made in.

03-21-2020 at 02:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
JamesBond007
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 43
If you don't have CaravelNet subscription active, then title screen will only change for the main holds (KDD/JtRH/TCB/GatEB). Everything else will show TSS title screen.
03-23-2020 at 07:04 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : KDD version upgrade
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com