Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : A new contest for custom elements
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dying Flutchman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
IP: Logged
icon A new contest for custom elements (+1)  
Ola,

It has been suggested on the forum that we need a custom element contest. Either a contest to see who can build the coolest stuff using existing customs, or a contest to see who can design the best new element.

I'm fine with either contest idea and could host it.
And yes, Nuntar is officially the big boss of contests, but hey I'm proposing this anyways.
If there are enough positive reactions below, I'll see to coordinate this with the contest boss and make it official.

So what would you like:
a) existing custom element revival contest
b) new custom elements design contest

[Last edited by Dying Flutchman at 02-18-2020 08:44 AM]
02-17-2020 at 07:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2386
icon Re: A new contest for custom elements (0)  
I’m up for either. I was actually going to suggest a new unofficial custom element contest sometime soon, but for now I’ll keep my idea under wraps since it could probably be used for this.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
02-17-2020 at 07:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
navithmastero
Rank Points: 596
I personally feel that an existing custom elements revival is a bit more accessible, so if there were to be a contest I would prefer it to be in that vein.

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

02-17-2020 at 09:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
As much as making even more custom elements sounds fun, I think I like better the idea of a contest about architecture with the existing custom elements. We've all seen what the creators of said elements did with them, and what they thought the original purpose or role of them should be; if somebody else takes it they can probably come up with something different!

02-17-2020 at 09:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4591
Yes, I was hoping to put together a Custom Element Showcase (make a new level around an existing custom element) as the first contest for 2020. Right now I just don't have time to organise it, unfortunately :( so if you (Flutchman) would be willing to take up the mantle, that would be very much appreciated.

02-17-2020 at 11:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1531
Count me among those with a positive reception to this idea. I've been itching for an external prompt of some sort to force me into doing some half-decent architecture again, and maybe this'd be good for me. On the other hand I've also been too busy myself to host contests (or finish the contest stuff I was involved with) so...

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

02-18-2020 at 01:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : A new contest for custom elements
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com