Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TCB "total rooms conquerered/explored" (Not killing guards in Dugandy / Castle Dugan)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
IP: Logged
icon TCB "total rooms conquerered/explored" (0)  
So. If you don't kill any of the guards (including the non-hostiles) in Dugandy, Castle Dugan (including the barracks) or even King Dugan's New Dungeon, the rooms in question don't count as "conquered" in the play-through. So I have "467/472 rooms explored/conquered" - I assume the five rooms are the ones where I did not fight in Dugandy, because the floors are all purple rather than white on the mini-map.

Prior to this, the two numbers of "rooms conquered" and "rooms explored" were different by only 1 (accounted for by the single roach behind the green door in the first room of "Homeward Ascent", which can only be killed on the way back down after leaving Dugandy. Killing this roach on the way down, accordingly added 1 to the "conquered" total, and turned the room from purple to white on the mini-map.

Of course, there are conflicting in-game achievements (also present on Steam) for murdering all the guards on the way through (including the challenge of having to fight a ton more in Dugan's throne room, rather than only having a few pursue you.) So this requires reverting to an earlier restore point.

So. On my recent play through the game, I went as far as taking the rope down to the Stalwart Army (having left the five purple floors in Dugandy and its Castle behind: then restored to the final restore point in Echo Chasms on the way up, to re-do Dugandy from scratch. This time I killed every guard, including the non-hostiles, got credited with all the Steam achievements, and all the rooms were marked as "completed" - *that* playthrough had a 99% "room completion" rate when I reached the River Dugan (again thanks to the Homeward Ascent roach that was theoretically "left behind", if I'd played on from it I would have obviously got 100% completion again.)

Then I restored back to the Stalwart Army checkpoint... and noticed that that "restore" point also restored the five-room discrepancy between conquered and explored, which has persisted all through the game. There is no way back even to the City from there, let alone back to Dugandy. The five non-essential but non-secret rooms retained their "unconquered" status in that instance... Although all the actual secret rooms are "conquered", I've unlocked the Undercity, explored it, and completed every puzzle and every challenge there...
01-14-2020 at 02:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4590
IP: Logged
icon Re: TCB "total rooms conquerered/explored" (+1)  
Yes, the "rooms conquered" count refers to just that save, because when you are in the Restore screen it's useful information to help identify which save is the one you want to restore to.

01-14-2020 at 03:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TCB "total rooms conquerered/explored" (Not killing guards in Dugandy / Castle Dugan)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com