Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Nareik's Dungeon : First Level : 2 North, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 112
IP: Logged
icon King Nareik's Dungeon : First Level : 2 North, 1 West (+1)  
Oooy, this one. Gotta say, been a good while since orbs, yellow doors, and roaches managed to actually stump me!

I need to get past the door at (17,13), which needs me to hit the orb to open the way. Issue is, two roaches at each side diagonally, cannot kill them both, softlock. I can avert this situation at one gate--the one at (13,7), which lets me actually kill the roach that would block my way at (8,15). The issue, is that I'm trapped due to (14,5) closing, and I do not have any other chambers open by proxy of doing so at the current state being certain death...

What am I missing? Is this not the start point at all?

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery

[Last edited by Camwoodstock at 12-17-2019 11:45 PM]
12-17-2019 at 11:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4569
icon Re: King Nareik's Dungeon : First Level : 2 North, 1 West (+3)  
It indeed sounds like you're taking the wrong approach to the room.

If the north orb is the first orb you hit, you are stuck behind closed doors, so that can be ruled out. The SE orb also can't be first -- you can't reach it without opening a door. That leaves only the SW orb.

Problem is, once you hit this orb, you have to move NE since the door behind you closed. You can't do this if both the western roaches are flanking the door. So one of them must be elsewhere.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Nuntar at 12-18-2019 12:42 AM]
12-18-2019 at 12:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 112
icon Re: King Nareik's Dungeon : First Level : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
Nuntar wrote:
It indeed sounds like you're taking the wrong approach to the room.

If the north orb is the first orb you hit, you are stuck behind closed doors, so that can be ruled out. The SE orb also can't be first -- you can't reach it without opening a door. That leaves only the SW orb.

Problem is, once you hit this orb, you have to move NE since the door behind you closed. You can't do this if both the western roaches are flanking the door. So one of them must be elsewhere.

Click here to view the secret text

Room solved, thanks! ...The restless nights from finals week are showin' on me, huh?

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
12-18-2019 at 12:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Nareik's Dungeon : First Level : 2 North, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com