Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : KDD 2.0 Level 25 in DROD 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Meta
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
IP: Logged
icon KDD 2.0 Level 25 in DROD 5 (0)  
At Level 25, I followed the 'Neather to 1S (also, clearing all the rooms before 1S). Since I did not pay attention to the room carefully, I chased the 'Neather to the north, which leaves me no choice other than chasing him again for another circle. Then, many bugs appear.

The 'Neather shows up in some rooms where he should not, such as 2W and 1S2W, which have already been cleared. By the way, the challenge Pacifist Run can be obtained easily this way.

The 'Neather does not shows up in some room where he should, such as 2S2W.

I do not know what would happen in 2S1W, 2S, 1S, 1S1W and 1W, since Beethro is trapped in 2S2W forever.
11-29-2019 at 10:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: KDD 2.0 Level 25 in DROD 5 (+1)  
It's unfortunate, but the game doesn't handle redoing the loop. You'll have to restore to 1S.

11-29-2019 at 12:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
icon Re: KDD 2.0 Level 25 in DROD 5 (+1)  
In Webfoot DROD, the 'Neather escaping to the north here used to re-seed the entire level. And since he's hard-coded in this particular room, they could potentially add a command for that to the code, (which would also reset the scripts of all NPCs) and they wouldn't even need to touch the actual hold. It would even fix that problem for imported copies of the Architect's Edition version.

11-29-2019 at 07:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : KDD 2.0 Level 25 in DROD 5
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No