Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Finding the First Truth : Guard Level : Entrance
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 112
IP: Logged
icon Finding the First Truth : Guard Level : Entrance (0)  
I can't figure out what to do here. I get the feeling I need the guard to hit the orb at (10,7) while I'm outside of that area, because otherwise the second guard will never leave his hole and the room is unbeatable. But I cannot bait the available guard in a way to both...
1) stay in the area
2) hit the orb
3) have me out of the room when it does hit the orb.

I assume it has to be in the top row (x,6) for me to have any chance. The bottom area is a complete deadzone. How can I bait it in a way where it'll stay there, and it'll safely hit the orb when I'm out of the room?

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
11-20-2019 at 01:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
icon Re: Finding the First Truth : Guard Level : Entrance (0)  
What's wrong with being locked in? You'd have a nice, thick door protecting you from those that would do you harm.

11-20-2019 at 02:02 AM
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 112
icon Re: Finding the First Truth : Guard Level : Entrance (0)  
averagemoe wrote:
What's wrong with being locked in? You'd have a nice, thick door protecting you from those that would do you harm.

...well I've been making this room 500 quadrillion times harder than it needed to be. Solved.

I do wonder if my plan is even possible, but if anyone's testing that... it ain't me. Eep. o.o;

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
11-20-2019 at 02:12 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Finding the First Truth : Guard Level : Entrance
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com