Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Temporal Aumtlich sprites have gone missing (from the TSS Custom Element's Bonus Pack)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
IP: Logged
icon Temporal Aumtlich sprites have gone missing (0)  
I've searched those folders pretty thoroughly, the tileset for the Temporal Aumtlich has somehow vanished from the contents of the zip file. Despite this, it still displays properly in the showcase hold.

So, uh... what?

11-08-2019 at 05:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
icon Re: Temporal Aumtlich sprites have gone missing (0)  
It doesn't seem to have been recently removed or anything; my rather old folder unzipped from the asset pack is also missing the TA tiles. However, this doesn't really pose any sort of problem. If you want a TA, or even just something that looks like it, in your hold, just copy over the entity, script and all, and the custom tiles will come along just fine.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 11-08-2019 05:26 AM]
11-08-2019 at 05:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1062
icon Re: Temporal Aumtlich sprites have gone missing (+1)  
It's possible thah the tiles were never added since copying custom NPCs between holds takes any custom graphics attached to them along for the ride.

If you want the raw images, it's not that difficult to pull them out of DROD. Make a room with the custom floor image set to the TeAu graphics, then use your favourite images tools to acquire them from a screenshot. (This is also a neat trick to use if you lost the graphics files for your own custom element)

11-08-2019 at 08:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dying Flutchman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406

File: empty_tile.png (199 bytes)
Downloaded 41 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Temporal Aumtlich sprites have gone missing (0)  
hyperme wrote:
It's possible thah the tiles were never added since copying custom NPCs between holds takes any custom graphics attached to them along for the ride.

If you want the raw images, it's not that difficult to pull them out of DROD. Make a room with the custom floor image set to the TeAu graphics, then use your favourite images tools to acquire them from a screenshot. (This is also a neat trick to use if you lost the graphics files for your own custom element)

I do this al the time. It helps to get style and colors matching up with the original drod when designing your own elements.

I always make sure to make a screenshot for all necessary orientations and, very practical, I use an image floor with blank tiles and a red border. This isolates the graphic you need from the background graphics. Check out the attachment if you want to use this trick as well.

Moreover, some of your elements will probably not use all orientations. For instance, when an NPC can only move in certain directions, or when it's just used to show two or three different states. For these cases, I make sure to insert the 'blank tile' in the NPC sprites for unused directions. That way, you'll directly notice when your script messes up the direction of your custom element.

[Last edited by Dying Flutchman at 11-08-2019 09:50 AM]
11-08-2019 at 09:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Temporal Aumtlich sprites have gone missing (from the TSS Custom Element's Bonus Pack)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com