Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Arky's Revenge Compilation : Hall of Brilliant Ideas : 1 South, 4 West (You Slay Me)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 115
IP: Logged
icon Arky's Revenge Compilation : Hall of Brilliant Ideas : 1 South, 4 West (0)  
This seems to be a problem of just using slayer manipulation to kill it early. But uh... how would I do that?

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
10-11-2019 at 06:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged

File: corner kill.png (51.7 KB)
Downloaded 70 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Arky's Revenge Compilation : Hall of Brilliant Ideas : 1 South, 4 West (+1)  
Camwoodstock wrote:
This seems to be a problem of just using slayer manipulation to kill it early. But uh... how would I do that?

There a couple of classic ways to kill slayers that work here. Probably the easiest is to use the "corner kill" method using the evil eye as a corner. This is a useful method to know in general. To set it up, try to manipulate the slayer so that you are both against the southern wall facing each other with swords facing diagonally away from the wall. Sort of like the image below.

Once the you have achieved this setup, moving towards the slayer will cause him to step back away from you. You can push him all the way to the west until he steps north of the eye, then move west again to kill him.

If you have trouble achieving the pictured position, try dancing around to the northeast of the slayer with your sword pointing NW. That should get him to point his hook NE. You can then back your way down to the southern wall.

10-11-2019 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Arky's Revenge Compilation : Hall of Brilliant Ideas : 1 South, 4 West (You Slay Me)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com