Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Arky's Revenge Compilation : Hall of Brilliant Ideas : 1 North, 1 East (Solution HigherArky)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 115
IP: Logged
icon Arky's Revenge Compilation : Hall of Brilliant Ideas : 1 North, 1 East (0)  
As with most beacon rooms, this lead me to a sudden but inevitable bout of confusion. The first cycle is easy enough, but to get to the second pass is full of seeming contradictions.

Firstly, I cannot destroy the beacon to the right, or the room is automatically cleared, and back to square one. The bomb does this, however. I can't toggle it myself, either--it's on a bridge linked to a trapdoor, so it goes kaput if I go to poke it... and then I destroy it, and room is clear. Whoops.

Secondly, even my escape route is bungled. On the entry, I have a pressure plate that is one-use and opens the door. Which wouldn't be an issue... if there wasn't another pressure plate right in front of the door that closed it. And uh, yeah, the only other plate to open it is at the core opening for the first passthrough... which, even if there were not trapdoors, I'd be stuck because it's hold-only. And the only thing to hold it is the rattlesnake--which, I cannot manipulate at all. Regardless of the turn I let it out, it beelines for me, and corners me... which either means I kill it, or it kills me.

SURELY I'm missing something. I know I am, but I can't figure out--for the life of me--the thing I'm missing.

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery

[Last edited by Camwoodstock at 10-01-2019 02:37 AM]
10-01-2019 at 12:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Arky's Revenge Compilation : Hall of Brilliant Ideas : 1 North, 1 East (+1)  
For this pass:

Click here to view the secret text

Note that this is still the easy part. The final pass has some real messy manipulation.
10-01-2019 at 08:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
icon Re: Arky's Revenge Compilation : Hall of Brilliant Ideas : 1 North, 1 East (0)  
Yeesh, can see what you mean by that last pass... Utterly stumped. I can get all the doors open but the one at 6,2 and 4,2. 4,2 I assume I'm meant to have briar hold down, but there's the problem of the rattlesnake dying either too soon or not at all.

I can get all the doors open fine, but I'll either always be at least 2 moves short before the rattlesnake decides to take a nice trip to premature doom and locks me out anyways, or always end up with a rattlesnake stuck at a chamber with no ways of being slain.

10-03-2019 at 02:57 AM
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Arky's Revenge Compilation : Hall of Brilliant Ideas : 1 North, 1 East (+1)  
This is basically a weird snake timing puzzle.

10-03-2019 at 03:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
icon Re: Arky's Revenge Compilation : Hall of Brilliant Ideas : 1 North, 1 East (0)  
Dragon Fogel wrote:
This is basically a weird snake timing puzzle.

GOT IT!! Thank you so much, mate!

10-11-2019 at 06:57 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Arky's Revenge Compilation : Hall of Brilliant Ideas : 1 North, 1 East (Solution HigherArky)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com