Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Nareik's Dungeon : Third Level : 2 South, 4 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
IP: Logged
icon King Nareik's Dungeon : Third Level : 2 South, 4 West (+1)  
I'm one short with this path:

Click here to view the secret text

Tried other routes but they keep being shorter than that one. I think I need some help here.
07-29-2019 at 10:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
IP: Logged
icon Re: King Nareik's Dungeon : Third Level : 2 South, 4 West (+1)  
The first really tricky room of the hold.

In your attempt the roach makes 4 diagonal steps before reaching the trapdoors (including the one in the cage he starts in). You need to make one less diagonal step.

The roach necessarily makes a diagonal step every time your path diverges from a straight orthogonal line and changes direction. So think in terms of straight orthogonal lines. Just how much do you need to change direction really?

Further hints:
Click here to view the secret text

07-29-2019 at 11:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Nareik's Dungeon : Third Level : 2 South, 4 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com