Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Advanced Concepts 2 : Aumtlich : 2 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
IP: Logged
icon Advanced Concepts 2 : Aumtlich : 2 West (0)  
I'm clearly missing something with this room. I can't see any way to get to the aumtlich.

Method 1: get past the aumtlich directly by passing through the hot tiles at the bottom of the screen. Even with blowing up the briar with maximal briar-blow-up-age I can't use that space to effectively stun an aumtlich and get past another one. In fact, the way that the corridors are set up, it seems completely impossible to meaningfully affect an aumtlich's orientation since they'll always have enough time to rotate to face you. Trying the sides seems more plausible, but there still doesn't seem to be a way to block one aumtlich beam without being hit by another on the hot tiles.

Method 2: hit the orb before dealing with the aumtlich. This would allow using the tunnel to get to them. However, it's impossible to safely pass the hot tile near the orb without getting hit by one of the aumtlich beams, never mind somehow getting back out again.

What am I missing with this room? There doesn't seem to be any way to get an aumtlich out of position or to stun one in any meaningful way when your sword is needed to block another beam at the same time.

07-25-2019 at 02:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
IP: Logged
icon Re: Advanced Concepts 2 : Aumtlich : 2 West (+3)  
Wow, are you serious? That's terrible! Why would you do this?

Click here to view the secret text

07-25-2019 at 02:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Advanced Concepts 2 : Aumtlich : 2 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com