Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : How Many Challenges? (Asking about the challenge count in each main hold...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 116
IP: Logged
icon How Many Challenges? (+1)  
Before you ask, I've been dormant in this community mainly as my main computer I used to play DROD was a computer given by my school--and then I had to return it. And so I'm in no condition to DROD as of now, which is a shame.

But I certainly haven't forgotten, and as someone who mastered the first 4 holds and is a certified Skywatcher, I've been eyeing a certain challenge after I inevitably master TSS; getting all the challenges in the official holds.

The thing that inspired me is my recent expedition in backloggery, where I've been getting through all my games. DROD seemed like a PERFECT fit, and it has its own special beyond-completion metric of "mastery" (not to be confused with our mastery metric--they'd call that mere "completion"), and getting all the challenges seems like a perfect challenge worthy of backloggery-mastery.

I planned to track these based on the achievement counts, buuut there's a problem. I know all my totals for TSS, that's a standalone hold on Steam. But GatEB lumps together the totals for itself, KDD, JtRH, and TCB, making it much more difficult to tally.

While I could easily count the ones I have (I have more challenges than I don't in all of these, so I'd just subtract what I don't have from the totals), it'd require knowing the totals period. And before you ask "can't you count by hand?", well, Steam actually hides some achievements, and before you ask me to open up DROD itself... I, er, don't exactly have it entirely set up on this computer. This is purely temporary until I can actually get a good computer.

So, here I am, kinda just mulling over here, hoping some kind savior can help me count all this stuff. So, uh, can someone help me out here?

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
07-12-2019 at 04:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4592
icon Re: How Many Challenges? (+3)  
KDD: 100
JtRH: 80
TCB: 72
GatEB: 40

07-12-2019 at 05:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 116
icon Re: How Many Challenges? (0)  
Nuntar wrote:
KDD: 100
JtRH: 80
TCB: 72
GatEB: 40

Thanks a bunch! ...turns out I have all challenges in KDD, too, so it's a good thing I asked!

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery

[Last edited by Camwoodstock at 07-12-2019 05:20 AM]
07-12-2019 at 05:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
icon Re: How Many Challenges? (+1)  
You might find this useful as well:

Challenges

Progress - Gavin G
07-12-2019 at 11:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : How Many Challenges? (Asking about the challenge count in each main hold...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com