Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Blind Race #6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
IP: Logged
icon Blind Race #6 (+2)  
It's been a while, so it's time to start planning the next blind race.

What is a DROD blind race?
A short hold consisting of 3 or 4 levels by different architects will be assembled in secret. The estimated playtime for the entire hold should be between 1 and 2 hours. People who aren't involved with the architecture will be able to sign up to run the race. We'll pick a time that works for as many people as possible and then release the hold at that time. Racers will then record themselves playing through the hold for the first time live for our entertainment.

What do we need?
We need people to sign up for the various roles required: architects, testers, and runners. As the organiser I will be unable to run in the race since I will be assembling the levels, so I will be taking on the architect role for this event.

Architects:
Build a short hold of about 6 brain difficulty. It should take about half an hour or less to play through.

Testers:
Once the hold is assembled, testers will be given an invite to the beta hold. Please include total playtime and mention any rooms that seem too difficult during your feedback.

Runners:
Post a time when you'd be able to run in this thread so we can coordinate the race time.

Time:
To be determined once we have input from the runners. Given how many of us here are involved with a school in some capacity, it will probably be during the summer break sometime.

============================================================
Architects:
mauvebutterfly
PigmyWubba
2 more wanted

Testers:
disoriented
Dying Flutchman

Runners:
Nuntar
Chaco

Time:
TBD

[Last edited by mauvebutterfly at 05-06-2019 04:11 AM]
05-05-2019 at 08:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3632
icon Re: Blind Race #6 (0)  
Thanks for getting this started!

I'd especially like to be a runner, and I could do any time if it's in my summer break (24 June onward).

05-05-2019 at 04:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3260
I'll see if I can run again this time, and defend my title. These holds have always been pretty fun in their own right, not just in the race context, so I'm happy to provide any tiny incentive I can for people to make tricky rooms :)

05-05-2019 at 04:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 1606
I can be a tester.

05-05-2019 at 05:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dying Flutchman
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 222
546th testing sergeant reporting
(wrong topic?)

05-05-2019 at 06:05 PM
PigmyWubba
Rank Points: 148
I have a level 75% done for this so I'll sign up for architect.

During blind race 5 I had made most of a level but when everyone else used floor elements I made a new level based on oremites and saved the other one for blind race 6.

05-05-2019 at 08:32 PM
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
icon Re: Blind Race #6 (+2)  
Sorry for dropping the ball on this one.

I was wondering if I needed to do something different for the rooms this time around or if we'd be getting more architects. I have ideas for either approach.

Unfortunately, I had a serious accident on Wednesday, and both my arms are now in casts. Doctor estimates this will last for about 3 weeks. I'm not really doing much DROD (or anything, really) for the foreseeable future. The actual race will have to be during the school term or pushed back to winter break at this point.

07-13-2019 at 07:52 AM
Dying Flutchman
Rank Points: 222
icon Re: Blind Race #6 (+1)  
Good luck with your arms Mauve! Having both immobilized simultaneously must be pretty difficult.

I was wondering about the status of this one as well. These are my last working weeks before a four-week holiday. So I expect to be able to do some testing not earlier than the end of August actually. Don't wait for me, if you can continue. But if you need me, who, that'll take some time...

07-13-2019 at 09:24 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Blind Race #6
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com