Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Floating Idea: Summer Sale Secret Santa? (interest check, several months in advance)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1544
IP: Logged
icon Floating Idea: Summer Sale Secret Santa? (0)  
I had an idea today (not an original one I admit), and wanted to see whether there might be any interest in it.

Fairly soon (I mean a few months from now) it'll be summer in the northern hemisphere, and as a result steam (along with various other online game shops) will probably have some manner of sale. I thought it might be cool to do a secret santa thing during said sale?

In theory, the rules would go something like this:
Click here to view the secret text

So, is anyone interested? Also, we could of course expand this to other storefronts like gog or humble as long as it has a wishlist feature and a way to send other people gift games for it. I'm open to suggestions on how to improve the idea if anyone is interested. Of course, if nobody wants to do it that's fine as well, I just thought it might be a cool thing to do.

Here are some links to Things!

[Last edited by Xindaris at 04-05-2019 05:14 PM]
04-05-2019 at 05:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Crimson Moon
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 108
icon Re: Floating Idea: Summer Sale Secret Santa? (+1)  
I'm always open to gifting and receiving gifts.

The only thing other thing is that everyone would have to add everyone on steam. Otherwise, we would know who the secret Santa is. Steam doesn't allow gift giving unless they are on your friends list.
04-05-2019 at 05:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Ah, I forgot how that worked exactly. Well, that could be included as a step with a note that you can remove everyone you added after the event if you want.

04-05-2019 at 05:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2389
In order to preserve anonymity, could we just list the game(s) in which we are interested in a forum post? I have some Steam gift card codes I could use for my gift to someone else.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
04-05-2019 at 10:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Argh, I forgot to reply to this for a while, sorry!

That certainly seems like something we could do. Maybe stick your "wishlist" in a secret in the post and then and send codes through PM's instead for those who don't want to post their [whatever storefront] account names here.

[Last edited by Xindaris at 04-22-2019 11:43 PM]
04-22-2019 at 11:42 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Floating Idea: Summer Sale Secret Santa? (interest check, several months in advance)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com