Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Deadlies 2018! (Looking forward to it)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2379
IP: Logged
icon The Deadlies 2018! (+1)  
Who is organizing the year-end hold awards for 2018?

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
03-25-2019 at 06:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dying Flutchman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
icon Re: The Deadlies 2018! (+1)  
Good question! I guess I shouldn't be organising this, given my junior status here, but it would be nice to have a big hug-your-favorite-forum-member festival.

Credits are due for all those wonderful efforts from y'all!

03-29-2019 at 09:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
Anybody can take the reigns for the Deadlies. Be the change you want to see!

I have just moved home and currently have no internet except my phone data. On Monday I start a new job. I can do the Deadlies this year but it will fit around my free time and the near future is not looking free. So if you dont want to wait, feel free to get started!
03-29-2019 at 05:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dying Flutchman
icon Re: The Deadlies 2018! (+2)  
I'd be happy to do it. However: no clue :)

Should I basically do something similar to last year(s)? Do I need Special Permissions for certain forum actions?

With a bit of guidance, I'll gladly jump in.

[Last edited by Dying Flutchman at 03-29-2019 06:16 PM]
03-29-2019 at 06:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576
Yes, copy the template from last year. First make a preliminary post along the lines of last year's in General, to confirm what things are eligible for some categories. You're not expected to have played every hold yourself to get everything for the Custom Element category, for example; but it looks better if you've done enough of the legwork to have all the holds listed, with links to their Holds pages, and divided into the Difficulty and Entertainment categories. This is also when you ask for nominations for the Community Contributor award; those will be sent to you by PM.

Then when you're ready, post the poll thread in Contests, using last year's as a template. Voting should be open for 2-3 weeks.

You don't need special permission for any actions relevant to the Deadlies -- unlike contests, there is no submission topic.

03-29-2019 at 06:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dying Flutchman
Expect some forum activity from me over the next weeks. I'll take care of this as well as possible.

[Last edited by Dying Flutchman at 03-30-2019 01:18 PM]
03-30-2019 at 01:18 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Deadlies 2018! (Looking forward to it)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com