Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Transparency in custom tilesets is acting up
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
IP: Logged
icon Transparency in custom tilesets is acting up (0)  
It all started when I tried to make a crate obstacle from the City room style only appear when a variable was set. So I tried setting an NPC to look like one. I took a screencap of one of those crates sitting on an image floor of the shade of grey used for transparency. But it turns out that the graphic for City crates has two pixels of the exact same grey, so I opted to replace the surroundings with an actual alpha of zero. Then when I looked at it in the game, the transparent pixels came out as pure black.

03-19-2019 at 01:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1527
icon Re: Transparency in custom tilesets is acting up (+1)  
Perhaps I've misunderstood your issue, but as far as I'm aware custom character tilesets have never supported "alpha" type transparency, only that specific shade of gray. Image Overlay supports "alpha" transparency, however. In your type situation I would suggest just changing the color of the pixels in the crate graphic that are "transparent gray" very slightly.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 03-19-2019 01:30 AM]
03-19-2019 at 01:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
icon Re: Transparency in custom tilesets is acting up (+1)  
So I tried to use a trick involving image overlays with invisible NPCs under them, in the process, taking a new screenshot, this time with the crate on a pink floor. It turns out that those two pixels aren't just the transparency grey, but are actually transparent pixels in the graphic. Probably a result of a real case of what I thought my first problem was.

03-19-2019 at 05:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Transparency in custom tilesets is acting up
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com