Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Pirate 101 (An MMO similar to Tactic DROD.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
IP: Logged
icon Pirate 101 (+1)  
The website.

You can call me immature for liking a game meant for ten-year-olds, to which I say, Pixar.

So as the description said, it's sort of like a more RPG-ish, non-deterministic version of Tactic Drod, the fake TSS demo from April Fools day. (Which unfortunately is currently suffering the same fate as KDD Lite)

There's also Wizard 101, which takes place in the same universe, but has gameplay more akin to Magic the Gathering. I just thought I should lead with the more relevant one.

03-14-2019 at 09:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
chesse20
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 28
icon Re: Pirate 101 (0)  
as someone who spent a summer or two ago with a friend beating half of pirate101, i can say its pretty awful. The game gives you like 50 or so units during the game, only 3 or 4 depending on your class will actually turn out to be useful/good. The game's difficulty is near zero until around level 30, and even then you only have a unit die on you every couple of battles. There are so many better tactical rpgs out there

And the ship combat, oh the ship combat. nothing more than pressing 1 2 3 4 in various sequences and having the enemies ships health slowly go down, and having to do quests that want you to kill 10 or more ships, and you will have to wait after combat to heal so it can take so long to complete the quests. The ships also require you to buy extra fuel in order to go fast
03-15-2019 at 04:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
icon Re: Pirate 101 (0)  
Okay, I'll admit there are quite a few micro transactions, but for the most part, it's not "pay to win", but more "pay to be fast".

03-15-2019 at 05:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Pirate 101 (An MMO similar to Tactic DROD.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com