Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : DROD-Script Similarity (Schoolwork-related probably)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Professor Tio
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 100
IP: Logged
icon DROD-Script Similarity (0)  
So right now, I'm working in my college prep English class on our unit on resumes - basically creating our own resumes for future job searches. I'm in an electronics and robotics career class so I'm adding a couple skills related to that stuff. I'm faced with a bit of a dilemma here, though - I'm trying to think of what programming languages I should say I'm more familiar with, and DROD-Script came to mind, though I wasn't sure what language to compare it to. My first thought was Assembly, but I'm unsure if that's an accurate statement. Is it accurate, or no?

Edit - Oh and don't worry, my teacher understands that I'm not sure about this question, so I'm good on that front.

[Last edited by Professor Tio at 03-12-2019 06:11 PM]
03-12-2019 at 05:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1299
icon Re: DROD-Script Similarity (+1)  
Closest I can think of is BASIC - it's not really that much like Assembly, and if you say you know Assembly you're going to get some awkward questions you can't answer (about what architecture you used Assembly on, etc. etc). DRODScript has similar program flow to BASIC, so you should be good there.
03-12-2019 at 06:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Professor Tio
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 100
icon Re: DROD-Script Similarity (0)  
Ah, got it, thanks! Our class had actually touched a bit on BASIC before, though not very much, so I didn't have much experience with it before.

03-12-2019 at 07:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dying Flutchman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
icon Re: DROD-Script Similarity (0)  
On a more philosophical note: programming nowadays is less and less about languages, but rather about structure and organisation of problems. In that sense learning any programming language makes you a better programmer, no matter how arcane the language in question may be. Once you get the hang of "thinking like a programmer" you will be able to basically work in set style and/or language with only minimal practice.

I am sure your teacher will also understand this. And what could be better than programming practice under the guise of an entertaining game?

03-12-2019 at 08:19 PM
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
icon Re: DROD-Script Similarity (+1)  
I've often said that DROD-script is like the Klingon of programming languages.

03-12-2019 at 08:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : DROD-Script Similarity (Schoolwork-related probably)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com