Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Aurora's identity crisis (Two bugs for the price of one)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
IP: Logged
icon Aurora's identity crisis (0)  
The script that covers up the soldier in GatEB, The Roach Pits, 1W is having issues with the way image overlays are handled. Undoing a move causes Aurora to disappear, exposing the soldier underneath, and doing it on the move she steps south causes her to stay on the south square with the soldier to the north. This is one of the reasons I originally did this with "ghost display overhead."

But now there's also a problem with using my version of the code. I checked the hold where I scripted it, and now the overhead characters are randomly switching between displaying properly, and being drawn under the soldier/sword. These switches happen at random points in real time, not whenever a move is made.

At least, these bugs are present in the steam version. So, I guess either way, the fix is going to have to update something in the actual game engine instead of just the hold. And I'd like to once again point out that "ghost display overhead" doesn't have issues with inconsistent brightness.

01-04-2019 at 01:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jacob
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3746
icon Re: Aurora's identity crisis (0)  
Is this in GATEB or a hold you have made?

01-09-2019 at 07:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
I'm the original author of the script that covers up the soldier, and the hold that I made it in has the second bug. Somewhere in the process of putting it in GatEB, it was modified into a version where the first one manifests.

01-09-2019 at 07:43 PM
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4590
Actually, RabidChild authored the script we used in GatEB 5.0. You just happened to propose a similar fix at around the same time.

01-09-2019 at 09:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
icon Re: Aurora's identity crisis (+1)  
Let's not get distracted by my lack of bragging rights, the point is that both methods are bugged in their own unique ways.

01-09-2019 at 10:51 PM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
It's possible this will get fixed automatically by this fix, otherwise it has to be changed in the hold.

10-13-2020 at 10:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Aurora's identity crisis (Two bugs for the price of one)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com