Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : I don't see the Smitemaster's Selections I bought on Steam in the hold menu (I'm kinda Steamed about this)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErrorFileNotFoundWhy
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
IP: Logged
icon I don't see the Smitemaster's Selections I bought on Steam in the hold menu (+1)  
So, I bought the Smitemaster's Selections 1-12 bundle on the steam store. I was assuming they'd be in the Hold Selection menu on Gunthro, but they are nowhere to be found. Do I need to unlock them?
01-03-2019 at 04:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: I don't see the Smitemaster's Selections I bought on Steam in the hold menu (+2)  
"Change Location" should take you to a menu with a list of holds.

Change the filter to Official to get rid of all the community holds.

You should be able to see some greyed out holds there corresponding to the smitemaster selections. Click on one and choose to Download it.

Did you also buy the first three games (i.e. King Dugan's Dungeon, etc.) and have you been able to access them? You don't need them, but it's the same process, so if it worked there there may be another issue.

Make sure you are using Gunthro and the Epic Blunder and not The Second Sky or Tendry's Tale (RPG) when trying to access the DLC.

The only other thing I can think of is to make sure that the DLC all show as "Installed" on the Steam game page. If you bought the DLC but Steam didn't automatically install them for some reason that might be causing the issue.

I have all the Smitemaster Selections on my Steam copy and they are working fine. (Well, actually Beethro's Teacher and Complex Complex keep showing as needing an update no matter how many times I update them, but they run at least.) I'm running Windows, so if you are on Mac or Linux there might be an additional issue I don't know about.

01-03-2019 at 06:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: I don't see the Smitemaster's Selections I bought on Steam in the hold menu (+1)  
Also to actually answer your question, no, you do not need to unlock them by doing anything in-game. If you've bought them you should immediately have access to them.

01-03-2019 at 06:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: I don't see the Smitemaster's Selections I bought on Steam in the hold menu (+3)  
mauvebutterfly wrote:
"Change Location" should take you to a menu with a list of holds.

Change the filter to Official to get rid of all the community holds.

You should be able to see some greyed out holds there corresponding to the smitemaster selections. Click on one and choose to Download it.
Just to clarify, these steps are not needed on Steam (and don't even work because ingame downloads through CaravelNet are disabled for official holds).

Once you own the DLC, they are downloaded directly through Steam as an "update" for the game. If it didn't happen automatically, you should see a pending update at Library -> Downloads.
01-03-2019 at 07:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErrorFileNotFoundWhy
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
icon Re: I don't see the Smitemaster's Selections I bought on Steam in the hold menu (+1)  
Nevermind, they showed up!
01-03-2019 at 07:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : I don't see the Smitemaster's Selections I bought on Steam in the hold menu (I'm kinda Steamed about this)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com