Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : T R E F O I L : Trefoil : 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Slotherak
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged
icon T R E F O I L : Trefoil : 1 East (0)  
I officially give up the brute-force attempt. There is simply not enough time to smash the golems and kill the brain to lower the room clear gate. Not before the briars activate those freaking force arrows that prevent all access to the seed beacon. I have tried the southern entrance and the western entrance. West is out of the question, too many tiles spent dancing around brained golems to even make it to the brain itself-- oh, wait... there're too many TILES in between the start, the brain, and the green gate. So I have to use the southern entrance. No problem, I thought.

Until I remembered that I'm facing GOLEMS, which clutter the freaking ground when they are slain and are nearly impossible to work with as long as they are un-brained. But if I hang out near the brain, I won't have enough time to get to the gate when they are all dead.

What the :nuke am I missing here?
12-16-2018 at 08:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dying Flutchman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
icon Re: T R E F O I L : Trefoil : 1 East (+1)  
You are missing just a bit of efficiency. I remember no special trick for this room. Unfortunately, I can't access my demo now, but I'll check out and see if I can share my first couple of moves to help you get going.

[Last edited by Dying Flutchman at 12-16-2018 12:09 PM]
12-16-2018 at 12:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1527

File: TREFOIL Trefoil 1E Victory 2nd Pass.demo (2.3 KB)
Downloaded 28 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: T R E F O I L : Trefoil : 1 East (+1)  
I'll admit, it's tough to come up with advice in the form of words. You just need to be good at timing your brain-killing and dealing with the waste corpses, pretty much. So I'll just post my own demo coming in from the south for you if you want.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

12-16-2018 at 02:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : T R E F O I L : Trefoil : 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com