Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Darkness of the unknown : Floor 7 - Ticket to darkness : Entrance
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged
icon Darkness of the unknown : Floor 7 - Ticket to darkness : Entrance (0)  
Here is what I think is going on in this room. If I just step on either fuse end I am a couple of turns late to get to the green door. It seems I need to block the fuses from burning if I am to make it. The means I need to set off at least one of the pressure plates under the bombs.

The only way I see to do this is to have the decoy blow up the bombs with his sword, then fly the fegundo in to crash on top of a plate. I can't seem to find a way to do that in time though. I'm always at least a couple of moves short. The only places I can stand to gain access to the potion without help from the fegundo are (6,14) and (7,14). From there I can easily blow up the bombs on the east side, but then the fegundo is either caught in the explosion, or a couple of tiles too far away to get to the plate in time. On the west side it's even worse. I can access the potion from all sides with the fegundo's help, but any side that would let me blow up the bombs on the west side necessitate the fegundo being within the blast radius of the bombs. By the time the fegundo is abel to fly again it's too late.

I've tried stepping on the potion right as the fegundo is about to awaken, I've tried using the oremites to reorient, I feel like I've tried everything. What strategy should I be going for here?

12-12-2018 at 03:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Darkness of the unknown : Floor 7 - Ticket to darkness : Entrance (+1)  
I haven't taken a look at the room in-game, but can't you just put the fegundo in the column the decoy potion is in on the turn before you take the potion? Or one column to the east and the fegundo flies out of that column before the decoy is actually placed? I can't see why either of those wouldn't work.
12-12-2018 at 04:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Darkness of the unknown : Floor 7 - Ticket to darkness : Entrance (0)  
Dragon Fogel wrote:
I haven't taken a look at the room in-game, but can't you just put the fegundo in the column the decoy potion is in on the turn before you take the potion? Or one column to the east and the fegundo flies out of that column before the decoy is actually placed? I can't see why either of those wouldn't work.

If the fegundo is in the column the decoy potion is in, he can't block aumtlich beams. That means I have to approach the potion from the south or southwest, so the decoy will be facing north or northeast. That prevents me from stabbing the bombs on the east side of the room. Same thing with one column to the east. The aumtlich beams are pretty restricting.

12-12-2018 at 04:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2384
icon Re: Darkness of the unknown : Floor 7 - Ticket to darkness : Entrance (+2)  
In my demo
Click here to view the secret text

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
12-12-2018 at 06:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Darkness of the unknown : Floor 7 - Ticket to darkness : Entrance
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com