Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Don't Play This Dumb Hold : Some Dumb Rooms : 2 North, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged
icon Don't Play This Dumb Hold : Some Dumb Rooms : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
At least one of those assumptions must be incorrect to solve the first part of the room (moving past the keg chamber):

1. You can release the plate by putting one keg near the door and the other near the arrow but there is no way to get past the yellow door from this state.
2. The only way therefore is to put one of the kegs next to the arrow, step on the arrow and explode it with your sword.
3. You can't stand on the arrow without any external help because of the door-firetrap-plate setup.
4. You can't use gel for help because it can't grow out of its chamber.
5. You can't use gel babies for help because of impossibility of preparing a setup and movement order (monsters move after player therefore you have no window of opportunity between the door opening and firetraps firing).
6. You can get a gel baby inside the keg chamber but that doesn't help you in any way.
7. You can't place a keg on the tunnels therefore there is not enough space in the keg chamber for both the kegs and Beethro.

Where am I wrong? Or is there something else I missed?

11-27-2018 at 10:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged
icon Re: Don't Play This Dumb Hold : Some Dumb Rooms : 2 North, 1 West (+1)  
Found it! Some hints for future delvers.
Click here to view the secret text

11-27-2018 at 10:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Don't Play This Dumb Hold : Some Dumb Rooms : 2 North, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com