Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Twisty Little Passages - KS backer poll (Are you planning to back this project when the campaign goes live?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Are you planning to back this project when the campaign goes live?
Absolutely! Since...
I think so, as long as...
I'd have to see it first because...
Not planning on it unless...
No, because...
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon Twisty Little Passages - KS backer poll (0)  
I'd like to gauge your interest in the Twisty Little Passages puzzle book mentioned here

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=43531

I'd like to run a Kickstarter campaign to fund illustration, printing and distribution. Would you please share your current level of interest in backing the project when we get to that point and provide a reason for the answer you choose?

I would like to make the project something that you couldn't wait to get into your hands.

Thanks!

Edit: Hmm...I had added an "Other" option to the list, but it's not showing. Sorry about that. If you'd like to select "other", please choose the one that fits best and provide a description in a reply. Thanks for your patience!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-19-2018 07:33 PM]
11-19-2018 at 07:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
superluminal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75
icon Re: Twisty Little Passages - KS backer poll (+2)  
Absolutely, since I trust Mr. Rimer to make an excellent and engaging product. I mean, he's batting a thousand so far.

11-19-2018 at 09:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
icon Re: Twisty Little Passages - KS backer poll (0)  
superluminal wrote:
Absolutely, since I trust Mr. Rimer to make an excellent and engaging product. I mean, he's batting a thousand so far.
Thanks for the kind, glowing words of praise!

11-19-2018 at 10:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
I appreciate the poll responses that are coming in. It'd be most helpful to report some personal thoughts on your selection, even if it's something like "looks cool..." or "Not my cup of tea". I'd like to know, for instance, if personal preference is at play here, or there's something about the design that you have a fundamental issue with. Those kinds of issues could be potentially addressed if they are raised in time.

Thanks for your collaboration!

11-19-2018 at 10:36 PM
Lucky Luc
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1215
icon Re: Twisty Little Passages - KS backer poll (+1)  
Not planning on it unless KS starts accepting other payment methods than credit cards or I get one of those.

Yup, I live in a country where you can still get by pretty well without a credit card, and last time I checked, KS didn't allow for other payment methods. This has stopped me from backing stuff I would've liked to back before.

This sounds like a super fun project, and since I might travel a bit more in the near future, I might get myself a credit card soon, anyway. Until then, though, it's probably no backing from me. Sorry.

Nothing you can do about it, I guess, but thought I might just as well let you know.
11-19-2018 at 10:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
Obviously there's no point in me voting, as I'll have seen all the puzzles already :lol

However I must be honest, kickstarting puzzle books is not something I probably would have considered were it not for the fact that I am directly involved in the making of this book. It turns out solving these puzzles on paper is actually tons of fun, but it's probably not something that I ever would have taken the plunge on trying in the first place.
11-19-2018 at 11:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Lucky Luc wrote:
Not planning on it unless KS starts accepting other payment methods than credit cards or I get one of those.
Ah, that's a reasonable point. Thanks for sharing your feedback on this. Assuming the project funds, I can plan to set up an option to pre-order a copy of the book on the Caravel Games site via BMT Micro, which supports PayPal and other options. I anticipate point shipping costs will likely be a bit higher than sending out copies directly in a bulk distribution. If that's okay, I'll plan to set that up!

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-20-2018 01:34 AM]
11-20-2018 at 01:34 AM
mrimer
To all who have responded so far, thanks for your feedback!

May I ask you again to share how you selected your response?

11-30-2018 at 11:20 PM
mrimer
Bumping for visibility to recently active forumites

05-07-2019 at 10:47 PM
davidatk100
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
superluminal wrote:
Ditto. :cowboy
05-07-2019 at 11:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Twisty Little Passages - KS backer poll (Are you planning to back this project when the campaign goes live?) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com