Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Blockerture Science Laboratories : Employees Only : 2 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged

File: BSL Employees Only 2W Why doesnt this work.demo (17.7 KB)
Downloaded 21 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Blockerture Science Laboratories : Employees Only : 2 West (0)  
So I looked at the room explaining all the weird scripting quirks in 2S and I think I understand most of them. I seem to be missing the last piece of the puzzle though. It looks like I can get one block to do a force arrow trick and land in (34,24), If I could get the same magic to happen again I could hold down the plate and am pretty sure I'd be done. I can't seem to recreate this though. What's going wrong? Demo is attached.

11-12-2018 at 06:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1527
IP: Logged
icon Re: Blockerture Science Laboratories : Employees Only : 2 West (+1)  
I played around with this a bit, and I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is.

This room was built before I understood move order. I just so happened to have the right move order when I tested it and made the demos, and never realized that the final "arrow trick" requires the correct move order relationship. Specifically:
Click here to view the secret text

Sorry for accidentally creating a requirement that I myself would hate. But to be fair, I think it's theoretically possible to see this issue in a room with, say, lemmings or roaches too, just a lot less likely.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 11-12-2018 08:41 PM]
11-12-2018 at 08:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Blockerture Science Laboratories : Employees Only : 2 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com