Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Blind Race #1: On Your Marks : Drying Wetlands : 1 North
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
krukef
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
IP: Logged
icon Blind Race #1: On Your Marks : Drying Wetlands : 1 North (0)  
Hello everybody.
Not getting this room at all.
I have to kill 5 aumtliches to finish the room
To kill them I have to enter upper part of the room via force arrow. To return back I have to go around the bombs
To go around the bombs I need to keep aumtliches alive to stay on pressure plates
Keeping them alive equals to not finishing the room
killing them equals to not passing back...

10-19-2018 at 08:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Blind Race #1: On Your Marks : Drying Wetlands : 1 North (+1)  
One thing it sounds like you are missing is that the pressure plate at (30,19) disables the force arrow at (19,18). So you can keep all the aumtlich alive then reenter the room with them to kill them. You can exit the way you came from instead of through the bombs the second time.

There's another trick to the room that tripped up a lot of people during the race. So just in case that's actually what you are having trouble with here's a hint:
Click here to view the secret text

10-19-2018 at 01:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kikuchiyo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
icon Re: Blind Race #1: On Your Marks : Drying Wetlands : 1 North (0)  
It seems that an element was added to the final version of the room that disables the workaround described in the spoiler.

But that means I have less than 90 moves to enter the room, move the mirrors into place, let out the aumtlichs and direct them onto their pressure plates.

If that's possible, I don't see how.
06-22-2020 at 10:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Blind Race #1: On Your Marks : Drying Wetlands : 1 North (+1)  
kikuchiyo wrote:
It seems that an element was added to the final version of the room that disables the workaround described in the spoiler.

This is incorrect. It still works, in fact I seem to recall the architect saying this trick was intended. You just don't quite have all the details of it.

06-22-2020 at 11:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Blind Race #1: On Your Marks : Drying Wetlands : 1 North
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com