Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Game can't handle non-ASCII in *\Caravel\drod-5_0 folder path
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ionoux
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged
icon Game can't handle non-ASCII in *\Caravel\drod-5_0 folder path (+3)  
Game: GatEB and TSS on Steam
Version: Steam, up to date and verified.

I have two computers, a laptop and a desktop, and own both GatEB and TSS on Steam. Both games work fine on my laptop, but they don't work on the desktop. The drod-5_0 folder is on a folder path that includes a non-ASCII character, 'ó', in the username. I tried creating a new user account on the desktop with only ASCII characters, and run the same steam install where the \Caravel\drod-5_0 has a different path, which works.
What should happen:
* The game opens up and, thanks to the Cloud, uses the player data from the laptop.
What happens is:
* If i run the game after Steam cloud Synching, the game acts like on first run, and prompts me to create a player account, but crashes after choosing Keyboard Configuration. Also if i try importing an existing .player file.
* If I instead disable Steam Cloud and reinstall fresh, the "Can't Access DROD Data" Error message pops up.
I'm fairly certain, after trying the SAME install on the SAME computer with only a different account, that the problem is with the folder path including the non-ASCII character 'ó'.
Is it possible to fix this?

[Last edited by Ionoux at 09-25-2018 01:37 AM]
09-24-2018 at 03:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Game can't handle non-ASCII in *\Caravel\drod-5_0 folder path
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com