Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Where I've been
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
GerAvos
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 51
IP: Logged
icon Where I've been (+1)  
Hey everyone :D I'm a random user who was active for a short period of time a year or two ago. Every now and then I've thought about returning, but there's always been a different hobby I've enjoyed (a game making engine focused on zelda fangames).

I've made one crappy short easy hold, and had 2 projects. A chu-chu rocket clone with fegundos, where the tutorial i made for it randomly broke and a hold called "Inspiration" that someone here really wanted to see me finish, even though it's nothing special. I may continue it anyway.

Just wanna say I'm still pretty interested in Drod, I'll wanna return and make some fun holds someday. What I'd personally hope to see from others maybe would be some more unique holds that feature scripted elements, but fairly introduced and with fair difficulty. That's somewhat the kinda thing I'll wanna personally do myself! Stay alive community ^^
08-23-2018 at 09:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
navithmastero
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 596
icon Re: Where I've been (+1)  
Hey there! The forum's certainly seen more active days but there are plenty of us still knocking about and as for the holds, knock yourself out! It's always good to get new usermade content :)

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

08-25-2018 at 08:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Where I've been (+2)  
Hi there GerAvos. I definitely remember you. I think I was maybe one of the people encouraging you to keep working on "Inspiration Hold"
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=41386

Welcome back! Lots of stuff has been going on. I'd definitely recommend trying out some of the holds published recently. The best architects tend to be the ones that play a whole lot of DROD, so if you are interested in finishing up that hold in architecture I'd definitely recommend checking out some of the holds published this year.
GerAvos wrote: What I'd personally hope to see from others maybe would be some more unique holds that feature scripted elements
Based on that description I guess I'll go ahead and give a completely unbiased recommendation to check out this hold: Torus

This one is also pretty darned good and fits your description nicely: Beethro's Dream

08-28-2018 at 02:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
GerAvos
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 51
icon Re: Where I've been (0)  
Thanks guys. Will be checking out holds that came out this year eventually. Torus seems pretty sweet, but beethro's dream has no trace of DROD left in it's puzzles xD

Another thing I've been wondering is if there's a Discord server for DROD? My guess is, it hasn't been considered because there's already another form of chatting somehow.

[Last edited by GerAvos at 09-02-2018 11:52 PM]
09-02-2018 at 11:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Where I've been
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com