Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : German localization for Heroine's Quest
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Giftnova
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon German localization for Heroine's Quest (0)  
Hello everyone!

I've recently played Heroine's Quest and I love it! It was a pleasure to play (more than once). :D

I couldn't help but notice that there's no German translation for the game as of now. If the Crystal Shards staff is interested, I would like to help you out with that ;)

A bit about myself: I'm a German native, German is my first language and English is my second. I like to think that I'm fairly fluent in both languages.

I've also worked as a story writer and researcher for a private project called Fimbulwinter, so apart from my personal interest in Nordic mythology, I'm familiar with the subject of the game.

I would love to hear from you about this :3

Greeting,
Giftnova
08-06-2018 at 04:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: German localization for Heroine's Quest (0)  
Thank you for your offer! We are definitely interested in having Heroine'a Quest available in more languages, and given the popularity of adventure games in Germany, German is at the top of our list.

Given the amount of work this involves (the script is the size of a moderately long novel) we would like to ask you to translate one of our short games first, to get the hang of it and see if this works for you. Would you be ok with this? You can find the list at http://crystalshard.net?f=language

08-07-2018 at 09:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Giftnova
Sure I would be fine with that! Since Leylines is still in development and aToTK seems to be as large of a game as Heroine's Quest, that only really leaves Oceanspirit Danish, right?

Feel free to send me an email with the necessary stuff for translating :)

08-07-2018 at 10:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Yes, turns out that for German that is the only one left for now.

Please share your e-mail address and I'll mail you the script this weekend. This one should be only a couple hours work.

08-08-2018 at 05:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Giftnova
My email is in my profile here but I'll send you a dm with it as well ^^

Awesome, that works for me :thumbsup
08-08-2018 at 07:49 PM
Lyrina
Any update on this topic yet? :-P
10-13-2023 at 03:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Unfortunately not. I am no longer in touch with this translator and to my best knowledge they have not completed the work.

10-13-2023 at 03:39 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : German localization for Heroine's Quest
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com