Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Gorogoa (A beautiful shape-matching puzzle game.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Gorogoa (+2)  
Playing Gorogoa is like putting together a jigsaw puzzle where the pieces are alive.

http://gorogoa.com/

There is not much logic to it. Success relies on your ability to notice visual similarities, usually between elements that are conceptually different. For example, you may see rays of a sun on one tile look like the tines of a gear on another tile and be inspired to move them next to each other. The result could then be that the gear and sun rotate together, unlocking some other part of the world.

It’s full of gorgeous hand-drawn illustration, and half of the game’s enjoyment is just admiring the art. It’s not a hard game. You’ll probably be done with it in 3 hours. Recommended if you like a more meditative puzzling experience.

-Erik

07-01-2018 at 09:52 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: Gorogoa (0)  
I can second this. Bought the game for my roommate's switch a month or two ago and we spent the better part of the afternoon playing around with it. My one complaint is I always felt like like it had a plot that I was too obtuse to understand and that just around the corner it would finally explain it. And then it didn't.
07-01-2018 at 11:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Ezlo wrote:
My one complaint is I always felt like like it had a plot that I was too obtuse to understand and that just around the corner it would finally explain it. And then it didn't.
Huh. You're right.

I guess I didn't try very hard to get the story so it didn't bug me.

Maybe that's good advice for somebody playing it... just don't worry about understanding the story.

-Erik

07-02-2018 at 12:31 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Trickster
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 662
Have also played, enjoyed. I don't like how some of the achievements include hidden ones you can't guess at, but that's my only complaint.

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

07-02-2018 at 03:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Gorogoa (A beautiful shape-matching puzzle game.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com