Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Beating DROD: RPG Waaaaaay Too Late
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged
icon Beating DROD: RPG Waaaaaay Too Late (+5)  
It may have only taken me just under ten years (The realization that the game came out in 2008), but tonight I finally beat DROD: RPG. And even got the secret ending!

If Steam is to be believed I was terrible at doing so and am pretty much at the bottom of the ranks, but who cares! :)

Also, hey everyone! :wave:

[Last edited by gamer_extreme_101 at 06-30-2018 05:44 AM]
06-30-2018 at 05:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Beating DROD: RPG Waaaaaay Too Late (0)  
At this point I should probably just restart the second half. I don't remember what I did at all and it would probably be easier than trying to take my current position to a winning state.
06-30-2018 at 05:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: Beating DROD: RPG Waaaaaay Too Late (+2)  
Hey, I was in the beta for it and helped with the writing and I still haven't finished it. Don't worry.
06-30-2018 at 05:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Dragon Fogel wrote:
At this point I should probably just restart the second half. I don't remember what I did at all and it would probably be easier than trying to take my current position to a winning state.
I think this was my fifth full restart of the second half.

I learned to save a lot this time. Restored a lot in the final few parts just to optimize as best as I could.

06-30-2018 at 06:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
Good job on beating it! It's pretty tough!

Don't trust the Steam leaderboards, either there's a bug or they've been hacked, but they are wildly inaccurate. The highscores on this site are much better, all the Tendry's Tale's scores are correct at least.
06-30-2018 at 11:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
navithmastero
Rank Points: 596
icon Re: Beating DROD: RPG Waaaaaay Too Late (0)  
Wow, good to see you gamer! RPG is, IMO, criminally underrated. Go play it people!

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

06-30-2018 at 02:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Beating DROD: RPG Waaaaaay Too Late (+1)  
I like DROD:RPG a lot.

I also appreciate that Mike and company took a pretty simple little game as inspiration (Tower of the Sorcerer) and gave it the full Caravel treatment. This means adding a giant story, tons of game elements, hidden/bonus areas, networked stats, a level editor/publisher.

It's almost ridiculous. Everybody else just makes a little puzzle game. Caravel has to go epic.

-Erik

07-03-2018 at 03:55 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Beating DROD: RPG Waaaaaay Too Late
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com