Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Lavender Levels : Harder, Better, Faster, Stranger : 1 North
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
ebenezer
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
IP: Logged
icon Lavender Levels : Harder, Better, Faster, Stranger : 1 North (0)  
Hi,
I just don't know what to do with this room.
Use Aumtlich to eat the mud? But how?

Any hint?

06-27-2018 at 04:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638

File: LL Harder Better Faster Stranger 1N Victory.demo (16.3 KB)
Downloaded 42 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Lavender Levels : Harder, Better, Faster, Stranger : 1 North (+1)  
Some general hints that helped me.

You want to kill the mud mother as soon as you can. If the mud grows 4 tiles wide and fills the hallway you have lost. What's the best strategy for killing the mud mother? Get as close as possible to her. You need to get to the west side of the room with the aumtlich on your east. A combination of stunning and pushing can accomplish this.

Efficiency is obviously important here too. I found that I needed to clear a couple of layers of mud in each spawn cycle. exploding the mud by guiding the aumtlich diagonally from the south east to northwest corner of the hallway with me to it's west was a tactic I used a lot. Then I reset the pattern by going south using vertical preference to keep the aumtlich parallel with me and pushing it back east.

This is somewhat hard to describe, so I've attached a very inefficient demo that hopefully gets the idea across.

06-28-2018 at 06:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ebenezer
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
icon Re: Lavender Levels : Harder, Better, Faster, Stranger : 1 North (+1)  
Thanks! That helped a lot!.
I've even manage to beat Reiner and get first place :D (but I was just luck ;) )
06-28-2018 at 07:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Lavender Levels : Harder, Better, Faster, Stranger : 1 North (0)  
Nice! That's always a great feeling! Congrats!

06-28-2018 at 07:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Lavender Levels : Harder, Better, Faster, Stranger : 1 North
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com