Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro's Dream : The Dream About the Desert Isle : 1 North (Completely stumped)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Scattercatt
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 36
IP: Logged

File: Room.jpg (266.3 KB)
Downloaded 50 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Beethro's Dream : The Dream About the Desert Isle : 1 North (+2)  
So after completing the rest of the hold (besides secrets), I have come up with a very important rule for this level.

1. If Beethro wants to cross a path with a [+] and [-] of the same color, the charge that is first must be swapped mid-way by parking the opposite orb in the middle of the path. For example:
[] = gate
() = orb
--> PATH -->

--[+]--(-)--[-]-->

Sub-Rules:
1A. Parking can only be achieved by having a third path to the middle location
1B. Parking an orb almost always requires that you do NOT go through a gate of it's color.
1C. The only time it is possible to park an orb by going through a same color gate is if you travel through the gate with matching color and charge, and then finding a separate rout, not using the aforementioned gate.

This all being said, I have found that, through all the routs to the brain, parking a (-) at point A (see attached image) is required.

Because of rule 1B and 1C, it is not possible to park a (-) coming through the south passage of point A, therefore you must come through the west passage, which has a [-], which leads to point B.

The only way to get to point B with (-) is through the south passage, as the west passage contains a [+], breaking rule 1B.

However, the south passage means you must cross a [+] after crossing a [-], meaning you must park a (-) at point B. This is logically impossible due to point C.

Questions:
- Are any of the logical rules false?
- Is it true that I ABSOLUTELY need a (-) at point A?
- Is it possible to get to the brain from both paths([+] or [+]), Or is one impossible?

[Last edited by Scattercatt at 06-11-2018 01:41 AM]
06-11-2018 at 01:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Beethro's Dream : The Dream About the Desert Isle : 1 North (+2)  
I'm not sure if I grasp what you mean by rule C well enough to tell you if it's wrong, but I CAN tell you that it's possible to park a green - at point B.

Click here to view the secret text

06-11-2018 at 04:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scattercatt
icon Re: Beethro's Dream : The Dream About the Desert Isle : 1 North (+1)  
Dragon Fogel wrote:
I'm not sure if I grasp what you mean by rule C well enough to tell you if it's wrong, but I CAN tell you that it's possible to park a green - at point B.

- Rule 1C is the exception to rule 1B. It's pointing out how it is possible to park an orb past a gate of the same color only if the gate is the same charge and that there is a secondary path back that does not involve that gate.

As you pointed out, to get a (-) at point B, we need to first get a (+) there. However, I see no way of doing this. D:

Also, I don't see your demo. Could you try posting it again? I really want to see how this works.
06-11-2018 at 04:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
I didn't mean "I posted my demo", I meant "I reviewed it to see the process".

Here's a hint, though.

06-11-2018 at 05:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scattercatt
Dragon Fogel wrote:
I didn't mean "I posted my demo", I meant "I reviewed it to see the process".

Here's a hint, though.

Oh my gosh I finally did it. Thanks for the tip. Here is what I did

06-11-2018 at 06:32 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro's Dream : The Dream About the Desert Isle : 1 North (Completely stumped)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com