Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Hello everybody
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
SirDubs
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
IP: Logged
icon Hello everybody (+6)  
Hello all my fellow DROD players. Just thought I would post a bit about my journey through DROD so far.
Well I first started watching youtube videos of DROD a while back, to the point where I had actually watched the entire series from JTRH up to TSS.
I bought the games a year ago on steam, and fortunately had completely forgotten just about everything, so that it was as if I was playing the game anew. I started with KDD, then after mastering the hold moved on to Gunthro and the epic blunder. After mastering this hold, I then moved on to JTRH which I have recently completed, and am excited to hunt down all the secrets and see whats in store for me on the dreamplane.
Its been an amazing experience. So many rooms have been exceedingly challenging. I cant wait to continue on with TCB. This game has so much more to it than any other game. It literally provides thousands of hours of content, and aside from some tedious, annoying rooms (weve all been there), most of the rooms provide an intellectual challenge that is unparralalled in the game world. While most would consider DROD to be an old school game, it truly captures puzzles unlike any other

06-04-2018 at 01:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Hello everybody (+1)  
Welcome to the forum! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on TCB as you progress through. That was possibly my favorite of the official holds (tied with TSS). Out of curiosity, which YouTube channel do you remember watching DROD on originally. Quite a few of the most prominent DROD YouTubers are active on the forums.

06-04-2018 at 01:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
Glad you started playing the game yourself, and that you've been enjoying it so far.

TCB was the hold that impressed me the most when playing through the official stuff, so you've got some great rooms/levels to look forward to there. I think JtRH still has a large focus on combat rooms, and TCB is where it starts to focus more on lynchpin puzzles.

I guess it's a bit late considering how far you've gotten, but did you install the Mosaic Frost room style? The remakes of the holds (which are what you get on Steam) use this style, but it isn't downloaded automatically for some reason.

[Last edited by mauvebutterfly at 06-04-2018 01:51 AM]
06-04-2018 at 01:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
navithmastero
Rank Points: 596
Hey there! It's great to see new players cropping up and enjoying the games as we all have! Have you heard of the Smitemaster's Selections? If not, you can read more about them here. These are some more great holds if you can't get enough of canon material. Otherwise, there are a plethora of quality usermade holds to sink your teeth into and if you so choose you should make your own too!

Edit: oh, I almost forgot, if you end up not being able to get enough of us, I'd recommend CaravelNet so that you can chat in real time with some of us (amongst other things!), although I'd recommend checking out how that works with Steam as I'm not entirely sure.

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by navithmastero at 06-04-2018 04:58 PM]
06-04-2018 at 04:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mecejide
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
I'm not very new, but this is my first post.
07-10-2018 at 12:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
maryfink
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: Hello everybody (0)  
hello! nice to meet you:)

[Last edited by maryfink at 07-26-2018 03:59 PM]
07-26-2018 at 03:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply