Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Delta Dungeon : First Level : 2 South, 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Rinaldo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
IP: Logged
icon Delta Dungeon : First Level : 2 South, 1 East (0)  
For a while I was stumped on how to get the roach to the bottom with only 4 roaches to kill, and then had a flash of insight that I'd been doing it all wrong. So we already know I'm an idiot.

But now I'm a real idiot. Because I can't see a way around needing 5 to get back up to the top... but I can't get the 5th new roach until I do get the inside roach all the way to the top. I need to trap it by closing the southernmost gate, so I can get back up to the north end. And with the 3 remaining roaches I can open 3 gates, which still leaves me one short.

All the other rooms on this level have yielded to analysis quickly. So I suspect that I'm again being dense about this and have overlooked something obvious. But I can't see what.
05-19-2018 at 10:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
KituU
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 218
icon Re: Delta Dungeon : First Level : 2 South, 1 East (+1)  
after you have inside roach in the bottom:

Click here to view the secret text

05-19-2018 at 11:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Rinaldo
icon Re: Delta Dungeon : First Level : 2 South, 1 East (0)  
Thanks, but that's my point.

That's where I am right now: I have the inside roach returned to the top, trapped by the topmost door, and (aside from the problem of my being unable to return to the bottom without guiding that roach onto a hot square on one side or the other) I need that 5th roach to flip the gates one more time, but to free it I need to have brought the inside roach beyond the gate to the very top, so it can trigger the pressure plate.
05-20-2018 at 12:08 AM
KituU
you do not need the inside roach return to the bottom ,
after the inside roach pressed bottom pressure plate and then is trapped above the upmost north door :

that frees 5th roach,

05-20-2018 at 12:24 AM
Rinaldo
Thanks. Somehow we are misunderstanding each other. (I never imagined that I had to return the roach to the bottom.)

How do I get it back above that topmost gate, without 5 roaches to use?
05-20-2018 at 12:28 AM
KituU
icon Re: Delta Dungeon : First Level : 2 South, 1 East (+1)  
when inside roach presses botom pressure plate, you have 4 roaches to guide inside roach back to the top ( there are only 4 doors to pass) . You need help with that part ?

with each roach you kill, use it to park inside roach above doors, from the bottom to the last upmost door

[Last edited by KituU at 05-20-2018 12:41 AM]
05-20-2018 at 12:35 AM
Rinaldo
Oh -- ABOVE the doors! That's the part I was being stupid about.

I solved it instantly as soon as I read that word. Thank you!
05-20-2018 at 12:52 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Delta Dungeon : First Level : 2 South, 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com