Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Immobile 'Neather can be _MyScriptH-ed into existence (Yes, I had to use variable name as a verb to describe it.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
IP: Logged
icon Immobile 'Neather can be _MyScriptH-ed into existence (+1)  
Basically, if you set _MyScriptH to 4, and use Generate Entity, you create a "hard-coded" 'Neather that just stands there making an error sound on every turn, even if the room coordinates are valid for the 'Neather-script.

Now, maybe it's my desire to perfect an "idiot proof" version of 1S, but it would be nice if the fix were to somehow get the 'Neather-script to run anyway when this happens.

05-03-2018 at 09:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1062
icon Re: Immobile 'Neather can be _MyScriptH-ed into existence (+1)  
The actual fix will be stopping Generate Entity from creating the 'Neather. This is consistent with not being able to place the 'Neather into a room via the editor.

Additionally, the 'Nether has no set behavior for most rooms, so the proposed fix doesn't work in the general case.

05-06-2018 at 03:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Immobile 'Neather can be _MyScriptH-ed into existence (+1)  
I've tested this on 5.1.1.alpha.2020-09-24 on windows 10 and it seems to be fixed.
09-25-2020 at 03:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Immobile 'Neather can be _MyScriptH-ed into existence (Yes, I had to use variable name as a verb to describe it.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com