Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Citizens and tokens
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4576
IP: Logged
icon Citizens and tokens (0)  
A couple of issues that may or may not be bugs, but it would be good to have feedback from the devs so that we know whether it's safe to use these behaviours going forward.

* NPC Citizens activate tokens, even though normal citizens do not. This also applies to lemmings, since they are citizen-based. Probably known and accepted behaviour by now, though I don't think it came up in TSS itself.

* NPC Citizens (and lemmings) activate weapon tokens as if the Citizen were (initially) carrying a sword. For instance, if the NPC moves over a dagger token, then a staff token, he "picks up" the dagger from the first token and turns it into a sword token, then turns the staff token into a dagger token.

* Disarmed Beethro interacts with weapon tokens in the same way as above, and so does any player role, even ones like Goblin that never carry weapons.

04-22-2018 at 02:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1055
icon Re: Citizens and tokens (0)  
Tokens are weird.

The first thing isn't a bug. All human NPCs can activate tokens, and citizens count as human.

The second thing is weird, but I wouldn't say it's a bug bug. It's more of a weird emergent behavior. Which could possibly be changed, since it introduces problematic tracking issues.

The third thing is less of an issue, and I can think of legitimate uses for giving weaponless players access to weapon swaps.

05-26-2018 at 08:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Citizens and tokens (0)  
#1 probably dates all the way back to TCB so it's unlikely it'd be ever changed. Also as hyperme said, human NPCs are supposed to trigger tokens.

#2 Feels weird to me, but it probably goes back to TCB and disarm token - if they don't interact with disarm token they should interact with the weapon token and vice versa but then it's unlikely to be changed anytime soon.

#3 Weaponless player interacting with weapon tokens is I believe correct, I'd say 98% chance that it is.

05-27-2018 at 07:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Citizens and tokens
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com