Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Tinytall Tower : Quintonce Ascended : 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
IP: Logged
icon Tinytall Tower : Quintonce Ascended : 1 East (+1)  
I've been shuffling platforms around for a while and not getting anywhere. Evidently I need to leave at least one trapdoor in place too, but I haven't even thought about that because the platforms are giving me trouble.

Can I get some advice on how to do this?
04-11-2018 at 09:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: Tinytall Tower : Quintonce Ascended : 1 East (+1)  
Here's a few tactical tips for getting the platforms past each other:

- Both the northeast corner and the southwest corner are good places to temporarily stash platforms while you get other ones past bottlenecks. In particular, note that in the southwest corner, you can move horizontally through the North-facing force arrow.

- I put two platforms on the East side first, leaving me with only three to shuffle around for the middle and West which was a little more manageable.

Hopefully this puts you on the right track (and gives you a hint as to which of the trapdoors is actually necessary). Let me know if you want more specific advice, a screenshot of the final setup, or a demo.

04-11-2018 at 09:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Tinytall Tower : Quintonce Ascended : 1 East (+1)  
You should really figure out the exact end state before making a single move in this room. Otherwise there's a big chance you'll end up doing a lot of shuffling only to notice that the setup you're going for doesn't work.

With that out of the way, here's a few tips for the shuffling

Click here to view the secret text

04-11-2018 at 09:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Tinytall Tower : Quintonce Ascended : 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com