Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Fourth Level : Entrance (Like Beethro Say.....)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
DominusHad3s
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged

File: Level Four.jpg (374.7 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
License: Public Domain
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Fourth Level : Entrance (0)  
You can clear this room easily. Too easy in fact but when Beethro tells you there's another way I'd like to find it but I somehow can't find the other way he's referring to. Anybody got an idea?
03-20-2018 at 09:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Fourth Level : Entrance (0)  
This is the thread for the Entrance, but the attachment is for 1N. I'll assume that you are talking about that room.

If you are playing the remake in the 5.0 engine, there is a challenge for not entering the corridor after first stepping out of it until you've cleared the entire room.

Even if you aren't playing in 5.0, Beethro will still mention this challenge. In this case, it just isn't tracked on CaravelNet or on Steam.

If you complete the room without ever stepping on (10,21),(11,21), and (12,21) after stepping North of these tiles, you should get different dialogue from Beethro. In other words, once you step North of the checkpoint, clear the room without ever going back into the row containing the checkpoint within the entrance area.

Edit: I see from your screenshot that you are not playing the 5.0 remake, and that there isn't a checkpoint in that entrance area, so disregard that. Hopefully what I was saying still makes sense.

[Last edited by mauvebutterfly at 03-20-2018 10:37 AM]
03-20-2018 at 10:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DominusHad3s

File: Level Four.jpg (379.4 KB)
Downloaded 40 times.
License: Public Domain
Thanks for your reply.

Sorry I should have been more specific.

I'm playing both KDD and JTRH. The picture is from KDD 2.0.

This time I marked it in Colour.

In the red circle you can lure 2 roaches at a time and get rid of them that way. If you do it that way Beethro tells you you could have done it without using the passage to lure them.

Now the wall that is marked in black can't be " puntured ":lol
So you need to use the mimic. But then the roaches are a problem again.....
03-20-2018 at 12:37 PM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
Move up and down to shuffle the roaches until the ones to the west side are in only two columns. Then it is possible to kill them all without the help of the mimic.

03-20-2018 at 01:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
Your analysis of this room is correct. However, what Beethro is trying to tell you is that the roaches flanking the entrance can all be taken out through skillful swordplay. All at once. Without returning to the entrance. And using the mimic to deal with that one stray roach you highlighted.

It's a bit of a pain to actually pull off, but it is possible. That's the challenge.

03-20-2018 at 01:03 PM
DominusHad3s
The best I got was three roaches left on one of the sides then the other sides have me for lunch.

Let me try again....
03-20-2018 at 01:36 PM
DominusHad3s
:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

And that feeling of beating a challenge is just freakin awesome....... ( Beethro surmounts every challenge )

Thanx for the help guys. I know it's not as difficult as all those levels as you smitemasters have to struggle but I'm still a young PADDIWAN:lol:lol:lol
03-20-2018 at 02:19 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Fourth Level : Entrance (Like Beethro Say.....)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com