Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Tinytall Tower
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Trickster
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 662
IP: Logged
icon Tinytall Tower (+2)  
I'm back on CF (please be gentle) and working on finally finishing a hold I started years ago, but I'll need some more playtesting and honest feedback.

Originally I had three difficulty levels, but I'm consolidating this down to a single difficulty with secrets that are harder versions of the same room. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or if people will find it boring.

I'm also removing most of the crap rooms. I have no idea what I was thinking back when I started building rooms in this crazy game. Some are clever but others were just a nightmare of elements thrown together.

If anyone here is not a playtester but would like to offer advice, please do. If you want to be a playtester, let me know here and I'll add you to the list. Right now I'm playtesting the first ten levels plus secrets, which isn't much because each level is one room—but the number of stairs and connectivity things is large and complicated due to the aesthetics of the piece, and having feedback on 'this room is not fun' or 'this room is too hard' will help me to better prune and move rooms around.

Thanks all!

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

01-21-2018 at 02:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: Tinytall Tower (0)  
I haven't played DROD in ages. And I probably won't provide much (if any) useful feedback.

But, every so often I come back to see a) if Tahnan ever finished not dr0d 3, and b) if Trickster ever finished Tinytall Tower, since the few scattered posts I remember reading at the time made it sound like it was going to be awesome..

So, assuming I won't be overwhelmed with PONIES ;), can I take a look?
01-22-2018 at 04:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
Sounds like a neat hold. I'd love to do some testing. If you still need testers count me in!

01-22-2018 at 02:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dying Flutchman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
Count me in as well. Can't promise to always test very quickly, but certainly willing to do my bit.
Added bonus: I'm <i>not</i> and expert drod player, so I can perhaps help you to get a feeling for "What would an average player think of this?"

01-24-2018 at 02:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Trickster
Rank Points: 662
I've added Insoluble.

I can't add Dying Flutchman or TripleM, I'm assuming because you guys don't have an active CN subscription?

Official Hold Progress

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

01-26-2018 at 10:53 AM
Dying Flutchman
Hi Trickster,

You're right, don't have a subscription right now. But will order one now. Was thinking of doing so anyways.

Edit: just noticed it will take ages to order/pay from Europe. Don't wait for me, will be available on CN in about a month from now.

DF

[Last edited by Dying Flutchman at 02-05-2018 11:09 AM]
02-05-2018 at 10:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dying Flutchman
I'm now an official c-net member.

If still needed/appreciated, you can invite me to the beta

02-16-2018 at 03:07 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Tinytall Tower
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com