Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Treasure Adventure World (One of the best metroidvanias around)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pekka
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 302
IP: Logged
icon Treasure Adventure World (0)  
Treasure Adventure World is a more polished sequel/update to Treasure Adventure Game, which has its own thread from several years back on this very board.

It is possible to wishlist it on Steam or pre-order on GOG already, but its announced release date is Feb 7th. Reviews, Let's Plays and streams should come out around then too. There is also a web page for the game.

http://treasureadventureworld.com/

UPDATE: The game is out early on GOG. Thanks to mauvebutterfly for the heads up!

Quite many people liked the original game, which you can still get completely free from GOG or other places (for Windows). I believe the new game deserves a thread of its own too.

[Last edited by Pekka at 02-03-2018 10:37 AM : changed thread description, added update on GOG early release]
01-06-2018 at 09:08 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1527
icon Re: Treasure Adventure World (0)  
FINALLY.
I preordered this game through the starkicker or whatever ages ago, and have been eagerly anticipating its eventual release. The original TAG is one of the best metroidvanias around and I fully trust its creator to give us something worthwhile. Can't wait for February.

(I got the news via an email because of the preorder business)

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

01-06-2018 at 09:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
I don't frequent this forum frequently enough, apparently. I just wanted to add my voice here too, saying I'm super excited for this. Treasure Adventure Game was a fantastic game with innovative mechanics and an open-world feel that still gives you enough direction to not feel aimless or frustrating. I'll definitely be playing World on its release.

(I also can't believe the original was free. That alone made me break my no pre-order rule just to support the developer.)

[Last edited by mauvebutterfly at 02-02-2018 07:33 AM]
02-02-2018 at 07:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
gog.com just announced that this game is now available on their platform. They were able to do an early release.

02-02-2018 at 08:04 PM
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1527
icon Re: Treasure Adventure World (+1)  
If anyone is considering buying this game and wants to see some gameplay first, I got an early download as a preorderer, and so did a bit of streaming of it today. Recording is here. It's pretty great :D

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 02-02-2018 09:14 PM]
02-02-2018 at 09:12 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Treasure Adventure World (One of the best metroidvanias around)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com