Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Was Caravel Down? (An odd occurrence today)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 115
IP: Logged
icon Was Caravel Down? (0)  
For most of today, all of CaravelNet was down for some reason; the forums, Caravel Chat, and even the CaravelNet services in-game. Of course, it seems to be back up now, though it does raise the question of what went wrong.

Note that while the service was down, I did e-mail Erik about this and he brought up the issues to Mike and Schik, so presumably they've read that by now and figured it out.

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
01-05-2018 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: Was Caravel Down? (0)  
I noticed this as well. Good to know it wasn't just an issue on my end, I guess. Glad the site is back up.

01-05-2018 at 01:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Something I've noticed post-downtime; the progress bar has seemingly gone AWOL. Granted, this makes sense--currently there's no big Caravel projects going on, so the lack of the bar seems reasonable, but you clicked it to see the total number of Skywatchers--or people who had reached a certain goal in TSS. Now that seems to have gone AWOL along with it.

If anyone can elaborate on what happened... Please do, I'm quite confused.

01-08-2018 at 05:21 PM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Was Caravel Down? (+2)  
Camwoodstock wrote:
I suspect this one of those times where the problem was solved by restarting a web service without much investigation. Sometimes software just stops working and the old "have you tried turning it off and back on" advice is good enough. Particulary, when the Schik-monkey fixing it isn't a fulltime IT employee.

Anyhow, I didn't take the server on a dangerous bicyle ride this time.

-Erik

01-08-2018 at 07:06 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
ErikH2000 wrote:
Camwoodstock wrote:
I suspect this one of those times where the problem was solved by restarting a web service without much investigation. Sometimes software just stops working and the old "have you tried turning it off and back on" advice is good enough. Particulary, when the Schik-monkey fixing it isn't a fulltime IT employee.

Anyhow, I didn't take the server on a dangerous bicyle ride this time.

-Erik

Ah. Still doesn't explain where the progress bar went, unless that was what you took on a dangerous bicycle ride.

01-08-2018 at 10:30 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Was Caravel Down? (An odd occurrence today)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com