Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Insane Puzzle : Insane Puzzle : 1 North, 4 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
bobkberg
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 20
IP: Logged
icon Insane Puzzle : Insane Puzzle : 1 North, 4 East (0)  
Ok, I've tried this room enough times to know that there is some specific trigger to release the demons, but I can't do it reliably.

I'm perfectly happy at this point to battle them, IF I can get them released.

Any clues?

Thanks,

BobKberg

12-23-2017 at 05:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
icon Re: Insane Puzzle : Insane Puzzle : 1 North, 4 East (+1)  
It happens on a specific turn. Just prepare the trapdoors and then wait.
12-23-2017 at 05:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bobkberg
icon Re: Insane Puzzle : Insane Puzzle : 1 North, 4 East (0)  
Hi Dragon,

Thanks for your reply, but the number of moves is not sufficient to trigger the release of the goblins. There is something else required.

Based on what I've seen, there seems to be a requirement for both the number of moves AND certain specific square(s).

I'll keep experimenting though.

Regards,

Bob

12-23-2017 at 09:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
icon Re: Insane Puzzle : Insane Puzzle : 1 North, 4 East (+1)  
It should just be time? There are character mimics on the darkened squares. The top one turns, when it completes a full circuit the middle one turns, then when that one completes a full circuit the bottom one turns. And the orb that releases the goblins is south of the bottom one, which starts facing southwest.

I can't actually check the scripting due to the hold settings, though. But as far as I can tell it should just be turn count.

Edit: Just tested by waiting at the entrance and the doors eventually opened. You can complete the room without stepping on the trapdoors at all.

[Last edited by Dragon Fogel at 12-23-2017 09:58 PM]
12-23-2017 at 09:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bobkberg
icon Re: Insane Puzzle : Insane Puzzle : 1 North, 4 East (0)  
Hi Dragon,

Thanks! I was spending time making intricate patterns in the trapdoors and didn't realize how many turns I'd used.

Regards,

Bob

12-25-2017 at 01:13 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Insane Puzzle : Insane Puzzle : 1 North, 4 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com