Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Linking caravelnet and steam?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Djohaal
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon Linking caravelnet and steam? (+3)  
Forgive me but I found the topics in the forum about the subject a little cloudy. I purchased TSS on steam, I'd like to know if its possible for me to link it to a caravelnet subscription?
From the sticky topic I understand its not possible to link, I want confirmation if that does apply to steam as well. Thanks
12-23-2017 at 12:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: Linking caravelnet and steam? (+2)  
If you purchase a CaravelNet subscription then you can use that with the Steam version for high scores, in-game hold downloads etc. Just generate a CaravelNet key at http://forum.caravelgames.com/member.php?Action=editcaravelnet (after you've purchased the subscription) and enter it into the settings screen in TSS.

What the sticky refers to is converting other store purchases into registered ownership on the Caravel forum, in order to download the game installers from the Downloads page. That used to be supported but isn't now -- you'll need to download the game and any future updates through Steam.
12-23-2017 at 08:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
Every version of the game can connect to CaravelNet regardless of which distributor you bought it from, you are free to purchase a subscription. What the sticky thread is referring to is associating your purchase with your forum account which would let you download copies of the game direct from Caravel's servers, which is what you get if you buy from them directly.

EDIT: Oh snap, posted at the same time!

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 12-23-2017 08:03 AM]
12-23-2017 at 08:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Djohaal
icon Re: Linking caravelnet and steam? (0)  
And for linking the account to other purchases so I have access to JtRh and TCB on Drod 5.0/TSS? Can I use steam purchases or only in site? Due to currency issues steam's pricing is a tad more attractive.
Call me a wimp but the unlimited undo ressurected DROD for me.
12-23-2017 at 06:16 PM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
If you already bought the games on the site here and have them linked to your account, you can get free Steam keys to get them as DLC in the Steam version of Gunthro. (Only Gunthro, though, not TSS. It's not an ideal arrangement, but it's largely because Valve wouldn't allow other options.)

Go to the "Purchases" tab under "Profile" to get them.
12-23-2017 at 07:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Djohaal
Dragon Fogel wrote:
If you already bought the games on the site here and have them linked to your account, you can get free Steam keys to get them as DLC in the Steam version of Gunthro. (Only Gunthro, though, not TSS. It's not an ideal arrangement, but it's largely because Valve wouldn't allow other options.)

Go to the "Purchases" tab under "Profile" to get them.

Does gunthro already have unlimted undo depth?
I haven't bought any other games on steam so what would be the ideal path to have them on TSS? buying the rest via the caravelgames site?
12-23-2017 at 09:23 PM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Linking caravelnet and steam? (+1)  
Gunthro on Steam has been updated to 5.0, so yes, it has unlimited undo.
12-23-2017 at 09:51 PM
DominusHad3s
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13

File: CaravelNet.jpg (298 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
License: Public Domain
I think this is the right post to add to.

Ive attached a picture that I tried to link to CaravelNet. When I enter the key that I request a key on the Caravel website and copy and paste it like instructed theres no difference. I can't save or nothing. When I click the tab request it says Im not a registered user on the web??
04-05-2018 at 07:05 AM
DominusHad3s

File: CaravelNet.jpg (298.4 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
License: Public Domain
Attached the picture when I click request tab.:weep

[Last edited by DominusHad3s at 04-05-2018 07:08 AM : Added the Picture]
04-05-2018 at 07:07 AM
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: Linking caravelnet and steam? (+1)  
Click the profile option at the top of the website and then the CaravelNet tab. At the top of this page there should be a message telling you if you are a registered CaravelNet member or not and how much time you have remaining on your account.

A CaravelNet membership does cost money, but you should get a few months for free with any purchase of the main DROD games if I recall correctly.

This is different from forum registration.

Checking it myself I see that I only have a few weeks left on my membership, so thanks for the reminder.

04-05-2018 at 07:22 AM
DominusHad3s
It's a pleasure but it shows you that you can get " a free key " but when I insert the key( Copy/Paste ) it still doesn't do anything? Isn't it suppose to allow you to save or something? What is the use if it doesn't do something?:(
04-05-2018 at 07:35 AM
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
I think you're mixing up two different things.

The free keys on the Purchases tab of your profile are for making games you've bought through Caravel available on other platforms (Steam/GOG). That just means you can download and play the game within those platforms instead of using the installers on the downloads page if you choose.

CaravelNet is a separate subscription which provides the online high scores, chat, in-game hold downloads etc., and you're not currently a member. If you bought games through Caravel, you would've received a one-month code in email at the time which you can still use if you haven't activated them (the email has a link, and when you click through it asks which forum account you want to tie it to). Otherwise it's available at $12/year or $4/3months from http://www.caravelgames.com/buyCaravelNet.html .

Once you're a CaravelNet member, you can get a key from the CaravelNet tab in your profile and use that to activate the online features in each game, regardless of whether you downloaded the games through Caravel, Steam or GOG. Just request a separate CaravelNet key for each game you want to activate (one subscription will issue enough keys to activate online features in all the games, you just can't re-use a single CNet key.)

[Last edited by Tuttle at 04-06-2018 05:08 AM]
04-06-2018 at 03:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Linking caravelnet and steam?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com